“Excellent choice for Columbus OH Airport hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Rockford, Michigan
“Excellent choice for Columbus OH Airport hotel”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I just returned from my fourth stay at this hotel, and every stay has been very good. Newer hotel and it seems extremely clean, modern, stylish and creates a nice atmosphere to relax after a long day of work. The room has a nice layout with seperate sleeping area, living room with nice work desk, and bathroom. Everything still seems brand new. (2) large flat screen tv's (I think they were 48") were very nice. Staff was always very helpfull and welcoming. Overall another great stay. I would rate this hotel excellent (instead of very good) except they still think they need to charge another $10 a day for internet, that really bothers me. I would recommend staying here. The airport is very close by but I never have heard any noise from the jets taking off or landing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BigDaddy3859
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location, amenities and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Regards,
Dirk Bengel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
McCordsville, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Trip Advisor rated this hotel as #2 overall In Columbus OH. This hotel certainly deserves a good review from my experience. I requested and received a handicap-accessible room, near an elevator, which I received (#522). The shower was roll-in shower designed for wheelchairs. This is also good for those of us who use canes and walkers too. There is no tub wall to trip over. The room would have been large enough to turn a wheelchair around in both the bathroom and the living area. The two room suite also included a small microwave and a small refrigerator. However, there is no silverware, so bring your own plasticware. The queen beds were quite comfortable and I liked the pillows too. The living area and the bedroom area both have the same size/same brand TV in them, and the remotes worked for both when you couldn't find one or the other.

I requested various items through my stay such as more cups, more towels, more shampoo, and my requests were filled. I also follow a policy of tipping every day and leave my requests written down with the tip. Works every time for me. My room was always very clean.

The breakfast bar was quite nice. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, and so on. Fruit and yogurt, donuts and danish. .Four kinds of fruit juice. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Made to order omlettes, There were waffles but they were not the "make your own" waffles--but at least they were available. The staff were pretty good about cleaning up the tables. Overall the breakfast experience was excellent.

The manager's reception is every night but mainly for adults. Beer, wine, and soft drinks are complimentary (but I tipped the bartender). The only downside was that the snack menu never changed--it was always chips, salsa, guacomole, sour cream, cheeses, and fruit. On the upside, it was always excellent too. A change of menu might have been nice but the quality was always good.

The pool and jacuzzi area was always clean and always stocked with plenty of large, soft towels. I was surprised at how nice the towels actually were.

The front deak area was helpful and fast. Other Embassy Suites employees greeted me as I came and went and asked if I needed help. I was pleased that the staff was well-integrated--Black, White, Asian, Latino--and they all presented and handled themselves well. I do wish the high speed internet was free, but supposedly there is free wi-fi in the lobby area. I did not use it as I had my own wireless internet.

Room Tip: I was in a room next to an elevator, which overlooked the from entrance, and yet the soundproofing p...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for the positive review of the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. We look forward to being your host when your travels bring you to the Columbus area.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Have had two one night stays at this hotel as my senior high school son prepares to attend nearby Capital University. Our first stay with the three of us was pleasant and we picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor's reviews. The suite was comfortable. The only odd thing was the towel arrangement: the rolled towels are on a shelf on the far side of the bathroom sink, away from the shower and there are very few hooks to hang these cloths upon once used. More hooks or a towel rack would be a nice addition to the spacious bathroom. The place was very clean and the beds very comfortable.

For our second stay, the four of us (our daughter was with us this trip) arrived with an ice storm about to begin. That Friday evening there was a happy hour, so we partook in the cheese, fruit, salsa, & chips with a glass of pinot noir. The dining room waitress asked if we would be eating dinner. After a discussion about the icy weather, we opted to do so. We were told that there would probably be a delay in the food. There was a large party just being seated, so about 15 diners were ahead of our order. It took over an hour for the food to arrive, however, we were compensated appropriately for the long wait, so we were only mildly upset. The waitress should learn to be more specific about how long the wait might be and check in with her customers every 15 minutes or so with a food update or an offer of more bread. After dinner while watching TV, we kept a blanket over us as we couldn't quite figure out how to get the heating duct to blow warm air toward the couch (the next day we figured out how to turn the heat up higher). The next morning my son had to be at Capital University by 8:30am. We had breakfast slightly before the generous breakfast buffet (breakfast is included) was officially open and were leaving the building at 7:50am, when an employee at the door suggested that he would clean the ice off our car and warm it up while we ate breakfast. This is the wonderfully pleasant surprise part of our stay! This offer was certainly going above and beyond. We turned down his offer, but when I returned from dropping my son off at the school, that same man was cleaning ice off a car and had it running for someone else. Talking about an outstanding offer. We will, of course, stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at The Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. I do apologize for the delay in service in the restaurant and do agree that your server should have given you a better time frame with the delay. It is from comments and feedback that we receive that we are able to make changes to our service and product.
With your son attending Capital University we look forward to being your host when you come for visits.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The service, the happy hour, the room, the breakfast leave nothing to be desired. It is modern and a nice place to go to for a weekend getaway. Restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you found your experience to be a great weekend getaway. We look forward to being your host for your next getaway.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

On a cross country trip, we happened to pick the Embassy Suites based on the Tripadvisor recommendation. The staff was friendly, the hotel and room were spacious and clean and to top it off, they cleaned the snow off our car so we didn't have to do it. Would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012
We are so glad that you stayed with us during your cross country trip. Kenny our shuttle driver is the team member that cleans snow off of every car. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. See you on your next trip.

Ontario
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway to see a Blue Jackets game and do some Christmas shopping. We arrived at 7:31pm so we missed the nightly happy hour which was a shame but we were delighted to find out there was a free shuttle to the Easton Town Center. Our room was spacious, modern, and clean and had all of the basic amenities a suite offers. The staff was incredibly helpful - they went over and above the service any other hotel I've ever stayed at offered. The made to order breakfast was amazing! Happy Hour (on our 2nd night) was very enjoyable. The shuttle service was very accomodating. It was a little frosty in the morning and I went outside to find my windows being scrapped for me!!! We were treated like royalty! The only thing that was a little disappointing was the size of their king bed which was most definitely a queen - and the drive was a little far from the downtown area - HOWEVER, it was very easy to overlook those minor details with all the positives this hotel offered. I would most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We back in Columbus for Christmas visiting my family who lives in Grove City. While it would have been nice to stay closer to them, I'm a Hilton Diamond member and the Hilton properties in Grove City aren't that great. Seeing the Embassy Suites was the newest Hilton property in Columbus, we choose to stay here. The hotel is very nice. Great big lobby and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a newer Embassy Suites so the rooms don't have that "hey everybody in the hallway look at me in my underwear" window that older Embassy Suites do. Suites are well arranged and I absolutely loved the bathroom and shower. Bedroom was a bit cramped. We couldn't fit two carry-on bags in there. No biggie. WiFi was horrible. Hotels have go to realize that a good WiFi signal is very important.
While you are about a 7 minute drive to Easton, there is not much around the immediate area of the hotel. And if you're coming off of 670 East, you'll see that the surrounding area is not the best. I know it's not downtown, but I would like a bit nicer surroundings. It was a good stay but if the new downtown Hilton is open the next time I'm back in Columbus, I will be staying there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the lobby and room amenities of the property to your liking. We do apologize that our wireless internet service did not work well during your stay. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. When you return to the Columbus area, we hope you will consider staying with us again. Safe travels.