“Good Choice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Ranked #74 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 16, 2013

WE just stayed at the Fairfield Marriott CDolumbus West this past Saturday and were well pleased. This was the first time for us at a Fairfield and were unsure about them. We had always stayed at Hamptons. We found the hotel to be a good location and close to shopping and RT 70. There were plenty of places to eat around this area. We booked a handicap room/ with a king bed because my wife is disabled. The room itself seemed small but the bath room was extra large. The room was and bath were very clean. The morning continental breakfast fine. We would consider staying there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BWeb1
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Bweb1,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so glad that as a first time Fairfield guest you had a satisfactory stay with us and found the room in clean and comfortable condition. We do our very best to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. Having shopping and eating close by is a definite plus. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My one-night stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites went as expected--I had a quiet night in a well-decorated room with a very comfortable bed. The property is located conveniently off of I-70 and near several restaurants and both a Meijer and Wal-Mart.

Check-in went smoothly and my room was on the third floor. I found the room very clean, comfortable and quiet, and had an enjoyable stay. There were a couple of bumps related to external influences (brief power outage), but those were handled with ease by the staff. I will definitely consider staying there again if I need to stay in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christaann
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Christaann,

Thank you for reviewing us! We are happy to hear you had a satisfactory stay and that you room was clean and quiet! It is unfortunate that we had the small power outage which in turn created other problems but I am glad to know the team handled it well. Thank you again and please come back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Never stayed at a Fairfield before and decided to try this one. Price and location were good.
Rooms are a bit small but adequate. Breakfast was above average. In this hotel class I'd say Fairfield is slightly above average.
Hotel is newer and appealing. Near shopping and restaurants, convenient to freeway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Alvis,

I wanted to respond and say thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to see that you had a satisfactory stay with us and it was your first time using a Fairfield. My team and I do our best to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied when they leave and I will definitely pass on your review to them. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in town and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed for 1 night on a business trip, 3rd floor, King bed room for $143/nt after tax. Good location. Bed was comfy. Lots of pillows. Pantene shampoo/conditioner. Bar soaps unpleasant/stinky. Room was clean and comfortable. Internet wifi connection was great. Flat screen was decent size, maybe a 42”? Check-in was quick and easy. After settling into room I realized I forgot my toiletry bag but was able to get a disposable razor and a comb from the front desk which was greatly appreciated. During the night I kept waking up to a man coughing over and over in the room next to me. Finally I downloaded a white noise app on my phone and turned it on which helped. Continental breakfast was available but I didn’t have time to eat so I have no opinion on that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heather O
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We value our guests feedback so that we may continue to improve our service.
It is nice to see that you had an enjoyable stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West and that we were able to provide you with everything you needed to have a comfortable stay with us.
It is unfortunate that you had a loud neighbor but it looks like you were able to take care of that just fine.
I hope the next time you are in town you stay with us again and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me!
Thank You!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I used to stay at Marriott Courtyards but recently have decided to try Marriott's Fairfield Inns. I have found this property to be very conveniently located with very clean rooms, friendly staff, and free hot breakfast. This was a stopover on a travel journey and the best priced hotel we encountered on our 2000 mile journey. Would stay here again. No problems!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank moodylu
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Moodylu,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel! I am pleased to see you had a satisfactory stay with us! I hope you stop and see us again on your next visit to Columbus! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have stayed at many Fairfield Inns and this one is just average. It has close access to Interstate 70. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. The room was clean but small. Breakfast was somewhat of a disappointment. They did not have as many choices as some we have been to before. I was looking for a banana and raisin bran, but they didn't have either one. The internet was adequate. I prefer the Fairfield on the east side of Columbus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmotley123
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Jmotley,

I just wanted to thank you for reviewing us, my team and I appreciate all feedback. I am sorry your stay was quite what you were hoping. We generally do carry Raisin Bran but rather Granola cereal as one choice, I have however since added Raisin Bran. Bananas seem to go quickly here. I do hope you will give us another chance when in town so that we can prove that we are up to par with your preferred location on the other side of Columbus. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should choose to come again. Thanks!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Of recent, I have been staying in alot of Fairfields. Some better than others. I found this Fairfield to really provide a nice return for the rate.

First it is a newer property, clean and had above average internet speed (my pet peeve). The staff was friendly, and the location provides easy access to Columbus or West or the airport.

Definitely, will stay there again. The only issue I had was that as a Gold Elite member, I couldn't get a room with a king bed, rather 2 doubles. REally? REALLY?

Room Tip: get a king.