“clean, comfortable, good location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Ranked #77 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed for 1 night on a business trip, 3rd floor, King bed room for $143/nt after tax. Good location. Bed was comfy. Lots of pillows. Pantene shampoo/conditioner. Bar soaps unpleasant/stinky. Room was clean and comfortable. Internet wifi connection was great. Flat screen was decent size, maybe a 42”? Check-in was quick and easy. After settling into room I realized I forgot my toiletry bag but was able to get a disposable razor and a comb from the front desk which was greatly appreciated. During the night I kept waking up to a man coughing over and over in the room next to me. Finally I downloaded a white noise app on my phone and turned it on which helped. Continental breakfast was available but I didn’t have time to eat so I have no opinion on that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heather O
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We value our guests feedback so that we may continue to improve our service.
It is nice to see that you had an enjoyable stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West and that we were able to provide you with everything you needed to have a comfortable stay with us.
It is unfortunate that you had a loud neighbor but it looks like you were able to take care of that just fine.
I hope the next time you are in town you stay with us again and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me!
Thank You!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I used to stay at Marriott Courtyards but recently have decided to try Marriott's Fairfield Inns. I have found this property to be very conveniently located with very clean rooms, friendly staff, and free hot breakfast. This was a stopover on a travel journey and the best priced hotel we encountered on our 2000 mile journey. Would stay here again. No problems!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank moodylu
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Moodylu,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel! I am pleased to see you had a satisfactory stay with us! I hope you stop and see us again on your next visit to Columbus! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have stayed at many Fairfield Inns and this one is just average. It has close access to Interstate 70. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. The room was clean but small. Breakfast was somewhat of a disappointment. They did not have as many choices as some we have been to before. I was looking for a banana and raisin bran, but they didn't have either one. The internet was adequate. I prefer the Fairfield on the east side of Columbus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmotley123
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Jmotley,

I just wanted to thank you for reviewing us, my team and I appreciate all feedback. I am sorry your stay was quite what you were hoping. We generally do carry Raisin Bran but rather Granola cereal as one choice, I have however since added Raisin Bran. Bananas seem to go quickly here. I do hope you will give us another chance when in town so that we can prove that we are up to par with your preferred location on the other side of Columbus. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should choose to come again. Thanks!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Of recent, I have been staying in alot of Fairfields. Some better than others. I found this Fairfield to really provide a nice return for the rate.

First it is a newer property, clean and had above average internet speed (my pet peeve). The staff was friendly, and the location provides easy access to Columbus or West or the airport.

Definitely, will stay there again. The only issue I had was that as a Gold Elite member, I couldn't get a room with a king bed, rather 2 doubles. REally? REALLY?

Room Tip: get a king.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sal c

Sal,
Thank you for your comments on our Fairfield Inn and Suites! I am glad you had a good stay with us! We do our best to accommodate our guests and in the future I will make sure if you stay with us that you get a king room! Again I thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was just an OK hotel. I was expecting more, especially from a Marriott hotel. My room was very small but at least it was clean. There was no refrigerator, which was kind of surprising since in 10 days of staying at various Marriott properties across the U.S. (mostly Courtyards and Fairfield Inns) this was the only property without one. But in the small room there really was not enough space for one!

To make matters worse the room was not very quiet, as noise could be heard coming from adjacent rooms. All in all would choose another hotel if I had to do it over again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LateGreats
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

LateGreats
I wanted to let you know that I am sorry your stay as not up to expectation. We do our very best to ensure every guest is satisfied. For future reference we do offer refrigerators and microwaves in select rooms just let us know when making a reservation. Please let me know if there is anything else we could have done to make your stay better. I hope you will consider giving us another chance when in town.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned home from spending one night in this hotel. I am so glad it was only one night!! While I can definitely applaud their cleanliness of our room and bathroom, that is about the ONLY positive I can give them. The room was ridiculously small for the cost -- my husband and I barely had room to get around in it. The air conditioner (operated from the wall thermostat) was loud and kept me awake. Beds are MUCH too firm, and the breakfast bar was just average, with fewer choices than many I have seen. My MAJOR complaint, however, was a very obvious strong odor that I smelled as soon as I walked in the front door, and I continued to smell it throughout the entire building and inside our room. It was very much like the smell of mildew or maybe some kind of terribly strong cleaning solution. I couldn't wait to get outside and get away from that smell, and the staff truly needs to do something quickly to remedy that problem. There were other hotels within close range of this one, and if we return to this area in the future, we will definitely choose one of the others. I need to get a good night's sleep when I travel instead of experiencing a restless night that I have to pay for!

Terry Asbury, June 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tasbury2003
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Terry,
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are a new property only a year old, so the smell was literally just the newness. We do our very best to accommodate our guests and quickly resolve any issues they may have. I do not know if you addressed yours with the team but we would have been very happy to help you with your situation. I hope in the future you will consider giving us another chance. Again I apologize for the less than satisfactory experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thank you so much to the staff and managment of this hotel. By far the most relaxing and enjoyable stay, friendly front desk, and no hassel getting booked in. Will always be spreading the good attributes of thi hotel. Thanks again!

Room Tip: High floors have excellent view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family