“Great hotel near OSU campus”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
New York City, New York
“Great hotel near OSU campus”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for my son's orientation at Ohio State. Great location for that. Very nice hotel -- large room -- and extensive (and free) breakfast selection.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kellys003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fairfield County, CT
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I decided to try this hotel because it was new. I do not think the gentleman who checked us in at the front desk could have been friendlier. He took his time checking us in and explaining everything the hotel had to offer from the complimentary breakfast to the fitness center and pool. The room was fresh and clean but I did have a slight problem with the room. When I called the front desk, the attendant did everything possible to resolve the issue. I could not have asked for better treatment. The hotel is located off the main street but can be difficult to get out of during rush hour. Lots of shopping and restaurants are within a minute or two drive of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this place from July 1st thro' the 3rd. It was a very good experience! The rooms are a good size and very clean. The staff is wonderful and friendly. The breakfast had some healthy choices.
My ONLY complaint would be- we had to use styrofoam ware for b'fast. There was NO regular cutlery either! I was very disappointed! Imagine the waste it produces everyday! A Hotel this size should make ALL EFFORTS to go green and help the environment. PLEASE folks start using PERMANENT WARE and do your share for environment! OSU parents like me will be very grateful to you!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Demand that they not use DISPOSABLE WARE for b'fast!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NjUSu
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2012

New decor, pretty and clean room, very friendly staff. Breakfast was as expected,no frills. Complaints: my credit card was denied and I had to use another. It should not have been denied, it was my Marrott Rewards card, and I had just paid the bill. I had to use another card and now will not get the extra points. I asked to use one of my free nights and was told I had to make those arrangements in advance. I don't have to stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Central Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very nice hotel. Great location. Friendly staff. The rooms are comfortable, up to date with todays style, and very clean. Beds were comfortable. Work out room includes weights, treadmill, and ellipticals, which are all of good gym quality. Pool is smaller, but it is a hotel, not the olympics. There's complimentary computers with printers, homepage is set up so you can print your airplane boarding pass. I found the breakfast of good quality, it was your typical cereal, yogurt, fruits, and they had microwavable jimmy dean bacon egg buscuit sandwhiches. I personally tried these and they were pretty good. One reviewer complained the furniture was cheap, I did not feel this way and have stayed at my fair share of hotels.
Downside of this hotel: thin walls.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Upon checking in, we were asked for.a credit card.for incidentals. Okay, I have them our credit card which they said was.declined. Hmmm, we'd just used it for gas and have a large credit limit. I provided another card and we called the first card company who said that they had not declined the card, but had charged it. So now we had incidental charges on 2 cards and she had.NO idea how to remove them but said they would "fall off" automatically. Great. The next morning, $4.50 had again been charged bit she couldn't say why except it would fall off in 10 days, with the other charges. Poor policy. Inept staff
Also. no hot water in shower -- it had been fixed to provide barely lukewarm. Please!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank happylady1955
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Wow! With all the amenities that Marriott touts for its Fairfields you'd think this place would have been a great deal at the $109 I paid.

It wasn't.

The rooms are large but the furnishings are cheap. Sure there's a pool - but a stroke and a half and you're at the far end. Hot breakfast - mushy microwave sandwiches. Overall, kind of underwhelming.

To be fair, the bed was fine and I did enjoy that the TV had a number of channels and was actually in HD.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple