“Great ahi and steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris

Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 2,214 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great ahi and steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Sat outside on the patio on a beautiful day. Only adventerous ones to do so. My wife and I had a bottle of wine and a great ahi appetizer. My steak was done to perfection. Wife had shrimp scampi and her only complaint was she thought this dish came with garlic flavoring but she got a white sauce. Waitress as Tiffany and she was very nice. I recommend this place.

• Visited August 2014

Powell, Ohio
“Great food, upscale.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We came for our anniversary. The food was incredibly prepared from our appetizer of beef carpaccio to our steaks. Because we were celebrating our anniversary there we were given complementary desserts which were a great end to the meal. The only downside to the meal is that we couldn't use our Cameron Mitchell gift card because Mitchell's steak house is no longer owned by Cameron Mitchell. So just keep that in mind. It really is a great place to celebrate an occasion.

• Visited August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic meal! We will go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Columbus from Cincinnati this past weekend and planned our anniversary dinner at Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris. Cincinnati has a few Mitchell's Fish Market restaurants but not steakhouses so we were curious what the experience would be. We went on a Sunday at 5:30 and we were the first table to be seated, so it was very quieted. We were greeted well and our server, Chip, was wonderful throughout our meal. Very pleasant, friendly and knowledgable! I had listed that it was our anniversary on our reservation and Chip said they wanted to give us two free desserts to celebrate, which was very unexpected but nice!

I ordered from the Steakhouse Classics menu where you choose from a few selections for each course. I had the BLT salad, which was a perfect size for a starter salad. My entree was the 6 oz. filet (cooked medium) and the lobster tail, with the corn for the side, and it was wonderful. My filet was cooked perfectly. My husband ordered a different salad from the regular menu and then ordered the Filet Oscar but exchanged the bernaise sauce for the cognac peppercorn sauce. His filet was also cooked perfectly as was the asparagus. He was very pleased. He had the warm lava cake for dessert and I had the creme brulee and both were excellent. He had a beer and a glass of port (recommended by the waiter) while I had a blackberry sidecar and a glass of wine and both were excellent.

This restaurant was not inexpensive, but we were celebrating a special occasion and had looked at the menu ahead of time so we knew what the cost would be. The restaurant gave us free desserts and when we walked out the hostess handed us a handwritten card from the manager thanking us for visiting to celebrate our anniversary along with a $25 gift card, so it was really nice to know that they wanted to share in our evening.

The decor was elegant and romantically lit. Even the bathrooms are incredibly nice. I just don't have a single complaint and we look forward to visiting again when we can!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JennyM777
Lima, Peru
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is one of the best dinners we had in Columbus. We had a Fillet Mignon with shrimps, which was perfect. We also had a delicious french onion soup; by the way their mashed potatoes is excellent, as well as the house corn. We really had a great time here, and will visit them again next time in Columbus.

• Visited March 2014
Casstown, OH
“Steak was the best I've ever had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

A little pricey but definitely worth it! Share withe your partner because the portions are huge and get a bone-in steak...

• Visited March 2014