“Go on a slow night!”

Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 2,223 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Dublin, Ohio
“Go on a slow night!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Granted, we went on busy Feb. 15th, but this location does not deliver on high-end ambiance. For starters, the tables are too close together, don't have tablecloths and the noise level is high. Because of the tight space, at least 3 times I saw food sitting on trays in public walk areas-waiting to be served. I did hear a fellow customer comment he thought the food was great, but he felt like he was sitting on a runway. The waiters are friendly enough, but weren't well trained and they yelled out things like "Ok, enjoy!" Or "I'll get your check!". After the second server bumped into the corner of our table and sent the glasses moving, I started getting stressed. The Filets were unevenly cooked, so my husband and I kept swapping with each other to get the temperature we asked for. I do appreciate the manager bringing us a glass of wine on the house for waiting so long in the small, crowded lobby. Overall, not worth the $180 we dropped on dinner, but heck, the company was awesome.

Visited February 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, comfortable restaurant with very good, pricey food and excellent service. Caesar and house salads were large and tasty. Filet was perfectly done with one shrimp. Sea bass was large ( 8 oz) and nicely done. Sides of Brussels sprouts and broccoli were good. Chocolate desert very tasty. Pleasant evening.

Visited February 2014
Florence, Kentucky
“Really Classy & GREAT food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had driven by this restaurant many times. I knew there were other Mitchell's in Columbus, and I was turned off by the idea this was a chain restaurant. But I wanted to celebrate. It was New Year's Day, and Mitchell's was open! So I stopped there.
From the minute I walked in I started to smile. This is NO chain restaurant. The decor and the music were both wonderful; elegant, in fact, with a bit 1950-60 retro vibe. The lighting is warm and comfortable. The service is professional and friendly. And the food is simply delicious. I got the 3 part special at a surprisingly reasonable price. Salad - GREAT, filet with shrimp- GREAT. I ordered rare, and it was. Soft as butter. Best creamed spinach ever. I passed on dessert to get steamed broccolli and it was GREAT!
If you want a very high quality steakhouse - Mitchell's on Polaris is the place. I will return-often.

• Visited January 2014
OH
“A longtime gem!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This place has been here for some time, but gets overshadowed by some of the other 'fine' restaurants. Well, I was in that boat as this was my first visit ever there. I must say that the ambience is truely classy and ripe for a special occassion evening.
Secondly, the food...perfection. This place threw me a loop as I had to reassess my top ten restaurants in the city to make room for this one.
Imo, there are several highly touted places that pale in comparison to the experience the staff provides here. The food was well prepared and presented. The taste was great. The service super friendly and welcoming. The chef even came out to advise us on a dish as one of our choices was not available. Then followed taht up wit super sizing the dish for teh table and giving it for free.
On top of this, we went there on CHristmas day!
Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Thankful Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Because of weather and family considerations, we did something this year for our Thanksgiving Dinner a bit different for us. Family from western Ohio and southwest PA met half-way at a fine restaurant north of Columbus, OH., (Polaris). This was our first visit to Mitchell's and the experience was outstanding. Mitchell's oftered a traditional style Thanksgiving Dinner with turkey and all the trimmings, plus steaks, seafood and items from their regular menu. The food was superb. Service was attentive and professional. Justin, our waitperson did an outstanding job of making our dinner and family visit a memorable one. We're coming back!

• Visited November 2013