McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Columbus
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Columbus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 2,305 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Regant
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love this place. I can't eat here often (unless it's happy hour) but, I always seem to enjoy myself. I took my son here and even he liked it and he's picky like me. We ordered way too much stuff, because of the cheap happy hours prices. We had fish tacos, burgers, shrimp and pretzel bread. Too much food for us! But, it was well worth the bill and the cocktails weren't bad either.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited for an early dinner before taking in a Cirque du Soleil show. Made reservations through Open Table for 4:45pm on September 5, 2013 for two adults. The reservation was in order and we were warmly welcomed to a delightful atmosphere with the hostess extending birthday greetings and wishes.

We had the restaurant primarily to ourselves and enjoyed the quiet elegance of the location. Claudia, our server, greeted us promptly and welcomed us by suggesting a drink from the bar. We opted for a diet soda ($3.25) and iced tea ($3.25) along with an appetizer of Shrimp Kisses ($12.99). Claudia was prompt in refilling beverages and each time she visited us, she spent a few moments talking with us and learning more about why we were in town. It was a nice touch and made us feel as though she were genuinely engaged.

The Shrimp Kisses were outstanding! How can you go wrong with shrimp, bacon and cheese. Each shrimp was plump, wrapped elegantly in bacon with a warm cheese filling. Six shrimp were pleasantly arranged on a plate along with a fresh corn, salsa mix and it, too, was delicious.

My dinner date ordered a Walnut Mixed Green Salad ($7.75) and the blue cheese crumbles were savory and the walnuts were candied to perfection. The salad was large enough to almost have been a meal in and of itself. His dinner selection was the Cashew Crusted Tilapia ($19.99) and the sweet Jamaican Rum Butter and sweet potato couscous was amazing. There wasn't a morsel left on his plate, come dinner end.

I ordered the Seafood Trio ($27.99), after all it was my birthday, so i splurged! I couldn't go wrong with a selection that offered grilled shrimp (about 4), stuffed shrimp (about 4) and a chunk of grilled salmon. I had trouble deciding on a dinner selection, but the trio eliminated the decision, by including all three plus a side of red pepper white cheddar mashed potatoes. My dinner was simply divine and the portions were of grand size.

Claudia suggested dessert and we couldn't resist the Double Mousse Cake (chocolate heaven in your mouth)...Chocolate cake layers with white chocolate mousse and coffee brea creme anglaise...downright luscious and sinful. We also tried a Hot Apple Pie after dinner drink. The spiced apple cider spiked with citrus liqueur made us wish the fall season was in full swing.

Many thanks to Claudia (our server) who provided excellent service; to the lovely hostess who welcomed and seated us; to Amy Maiden the Managing Director for a top-quality establishment and to Executive Chef Mitch Laird for an amazing menu.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you already know of McCormick & Schmicks, I need say nothing more than this was an exceptional dining and culinary experience. If you don't know McCormick & Schmicks, I suggest you call, make a reservation and get to know them as they will become one of your favorite restaurants that never fails to make an impression whether it a blissful birthday celebration or weeknight escape!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Quality of food and service was ok. However EXTREMELY overpriced given the small portions. $100 for 2 salads and 2 entrees and a slice of carrot cake (delicious). Left there still hungry.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved the food and the atmosphere. The restaurant was quiet and elegant. Our service was wonderful. I will definitely visit it again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Business dinner with clients. Had the ribeye steaks, medium. They were very dry, almost no taste. Appetizers were tiny. Four in our party but they charged us for five steaks. Might try another M&S but never be back to this one!