“Not Bad...”

Comfort Suites Columbus West Hilliard
Ranked #59 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed Saturday, March 3rd, for one night here for the Arnold Sports Festival. The overall stay was about average. The hotel seemed to be pretty clean. The person working the desk at check in was not as nice as she could have been. Mind you, she was not rude, you could just tell she did not want to be there. At first I could not tell that she was even the desk clerk because when I walked in, she was not behind the desk and was standing in the entryway wearing jeans and a leather jacket with Kroger stickers stuck to it. I was a little nervous after seeing this, but the rest of the hotel appeared up to par. Our room was clean except for one small stain on the curtain, and our bathroom light only worked at random times. I did not eat the breakfast, so I cannot review it. It was an overall good stay for an overnight trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Traveler3154

Reviewed February 27, 2012

It was late Friday night, after midnight. Tried to drive to my final destination but was too tired. So I checked on-line and found this hotel was en-route. Tried to book on-line however the system will not let you book a hotel after midnight for that same night. The reservation line told me to call the hotel which I did. "Do you have availability still for tonight?". "We got a room, $85.00"..(Friendly huh). I told the clerk that I could not book on-line and asked if I could get the corporate rate and he said " No, $85.00". (Some hotels will some wont..I'm not holding that against them). But then I said, "but the on-line rate is $65.00, shouldn't I at least get the published rate?". "$85.00". So I called the Country Inn & Suites across the street and got a better rate without even asking. Word of warning, If you want to stay here with Mr. Friendly, book on-line and get the better rate.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MrBigTraveler
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel 2 weeks ago. The check-in Process was terrible. We were at the desk and the clerk Jazz was telling us about the use of a debit card for payment, I was concerned about the authorization and asked how much it would authorize for??? Jazz then said WELL HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR ACCOUNT!!!!! I could not believe a clerk would ask this, is this any of his business??? There were quite a few people behind me who may have heard this........I still cannot believe that I was asked this question. We got our keys and went to the room and it was VERY CLEAN.
The Hotel had very pretty Decorations, the Breakfast was good. The check-out was much better that the check-in. I did call the Hotel on Monday Morning to file a complaint and the Lady I spoke to was VERY APOLOGETIC for what happened to me and Informed me she would speak to her General Manager.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is not as palatial as some Comfort Suites. The lobby is small and the desk clerk had a skimpy little tank top which definitely was not the corporate uniform. The breakfast was not as spectacular as other CSs, having prepared egg patties, but we left fed. Will probably stay again because of proximity to interstate.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed July 20, 2011

we stayed at this hotel in july. there was a group in the hotel who were very rude!!! the parents did not watch their kids.
the desk staff were great and had to put up with a lot from the group. the staff did a great job.
the pool and hot tub were very nice and the pool room very clean.
we will certainly stay at this hotel again, but when we book for our next vacation we will ask if there are any groups of kids coming.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ritageorge44881
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I picked this hotel because we needed a convenient place to stay off the highway for one night on our way to Indianapolis. The location looked good, and it had received overall decent reviews (none of the hotels off the highway got amazing reviews). I should have known it was a bad sign when we stepped into the hotel and the first thing we saw was a bad sign! A sign on the counter warned us about car thefts in the hotel’s parking lot and that we needed to take the necessary precautions! The woman at the front desk was not at all friendly, and we definitely didn’t feel welcomed there. The hotel room seemed fine, nothing at first glance either seemed horrible or spectacular. My children immediately wanted to go to the pool, and I thought the Jacuzzi would be nice after a long drive. The pool room was empty when we got there; I later figured out why! Soon after I stepped foot into the Jacuzzi, across from me bobbling on by were large bubbles of some unknown black substance! I then saw along the back wall a long, wide streak of no doubt a similar black substance! To call this totally gross is a total understatement! I then looked down and there were red circles of something! I opted to believe that they came from a spilt beverage and not bodily fluid! Needless to say, I was out of there very fast! I decided I would go into the nearby pool and hang out with my children! The first thing I noticed was the hair clip laying nearby on the ground… and then all the hair everywhere (which mixed nicely with all the dirt!). I looked at my son floating in the pool. And soon inquired what the white thing was floating near him! He said he didn’t know, but acknowledged he noticed it too! Then I caught sight of my son’s eyes!!! In the short time since we have arrived, the whites of his eyes had now turned tomato red! I panicked!! My son swims all the time, and never have his eyes turned red from the pool! It really threw me off! I made my children get out of the pool right away. We would have gone up to our room right away if we could have found a clean towel to wipe ourselves off with! But there was only one towel left and it was full of brown streaks! I was able to get the front desk woman to begrudgingly get us some towels. Back in the hotel room, I made my son get in the shower right away (naturally I had to first clean off the black dirt at the bottom of the shower) while I paged their pediatrician’s office. The nurse who returned my call assured me that it was most likely as a result of being in a pool that had too much chlorine. As it turned out, she was right. We stayed at a total of four hotels during that week, and this was the only one that caused my son to have red eyes from the pool. The next day we ate the hotel’s breakfast, which was fine, though my children didn’t like anything. However, before we went down to breakfast, I suddenly noticed something! I didn’t need to open the door or look through the peephole to see the hallway!! The door didn’t close correctly, and there was an opened gap on the side where the door did not meet the nearby wall! I wondered if anyone on the outside ever noticed this!! The next morning I decided to take some pictures off the pool area on our way to breakfast. All the dirt on the floor was still there – even the hair, forgotten hairpiece, and chewed-up gum! There were two positives that morning. Parked in front of the hotel was the M&M glass NASCAR truck with the M&M racecar inside, which my children enjoyed seeing. Also, on our way out, the front desk woman was extremely nice!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MominVirginia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Their customer service was the worst I'd ever experienced! The people behind the dest where the most unfriendly people I've ever dealt with.

We did not have maid service for 2 days. We had to call and ask for it!!!!

The rooms where not as clean as they should've been. Several people in our group had bugs in their bathroom, broken toilets, holes in blankets, etc.

We wont be coming back to a Comfort Suites anytime soon.

Colleen Sakaitis, Director