“Not as good as it used to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Columbus

Super 8 Columbus
Ranked #119 of 142 Hotels in Columbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
wilmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We was told our room was ready after waiting an hour and a half. I opened the door and the room was completely trashed from the previous occupants. The place smelled it was not clean. Signs all over telling us to remove everything from our vehicles. The security cameras were aimed at the ashtray outside not the parking lot. Honestly after dark I could have probably been mugged and/or bought drugs and prostitutes. A very bad experience. I would never recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Run do not check in its so dirty.....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bettyloo47
Hudsonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

when i showed up at the hotel, i went inside to check in and there was another guest waiting there in a little room with a security window....but no employee in sight. the other guest said he had been standing there for at least 5 minutes, pushing some button and knocking on the door. we stood there for 5 more minutes, knocking and pushing the bell...and finally some guy showed up. Giving us attitude because we knocking, and was like yaya,,,im coming. very rude. I wanted to use a different credit card to pay for my room than what I used to reserve the room. The guy took the credit card i wanted to use and ran it. but it didn't charge to that one, it went to a different card. which was a hassle. so i'm not impressed at all with this stay or location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Canal Fulton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I booked this place for my son and his band to stay a night as they were recording and needed an inexpensive place to stay. When they checked in later in the evening, the beds were unmade, the toilet had the last guests "surprise" in it and the towels were disgusting and dirty. When they inquired at the desk, they were told sorry, cleaning has gone for the day and given clean towels. I called the desk and basically got the same answer, the room hadn't been scheduled for cleaning that day and that they had no other rooms, not even a sorry ma'am. I told the front desk I would be reporting them. Lo and behold, 20 minutes later my son called and said they had moved them to the room next door...amazing, since they were "sold out". This room was clean and acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business