Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area
  • Room Service
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsohio stategreat hotelbob evansroom was cleanfront desk staffbusiness centershuttle servicewould recommend this hotel to anyonewould stay here againfree breakfasteasy accessfitness centernice stayparking lothot tubbusiness triposu
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stay in Hilton Properties all the time. Generally, this is a fine hotel and the location is great for business or while visiting the university. However both my business companion and I thought the beds were poor. We each had our own room so it wasn't a room specific issue. They were lumpy, soft and not your typical HGI product. They have the select comfort beds but they didn't work and the mattress was uneven and saggy! (is that a word) The staff was very nice and waitress fantastic but what about the beds?

Room Tip: ask for a new bed or one that works?
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank getsmart
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is my favorite hotel when I stay in Columbus. Everything is clean throughout the hotel. The fitness equipment is well-maintained. The rooms have lots of outlets for my laptop and other devices, nice size desk. The beds are supremely comfortable, including sheets and pillows. It feels like a home away from home. I often bring food from home so I don't have to eat out as much. I really appreciate always having a microwave and refrigerator. And wifi is better than most hotels. And visit after visit I can trust that they maintain this hotel to a higher standard than most others.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jboat500
Indus511, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you jboat500 for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Hotel-University Area. It’s always a pleasure to hear directly from our hotel guests and glad you find the free Wi-Fi and in-room microwave-refrigerator helpful when you travel to Columbus. If you’re a Hilton HHonors member, you can earn 1,000 Bonus Points per night through the end of March 2012. Register online and stay for more Points that lead to great experiences! We hope when travel brings you back to Columbus, Ohio, you’ll keep our hotel in mind. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel was a very big disappointment. My daughter and I stayed here for two nights during a visit to OSU. The room was dirty. Very dusty and there was some sort of dried, dripping stains on the inside of the bathroom door. My bed frame had a terrible squeak in it so everytime I moved the noise would wake me up during the night. We left the hotel at 8:30 a.m. to go tour the university and when we returned at 1:30 p.m., our room was still not made up. When I called down to the front desk later to ask for clean towels for showers, I was told I could come down and to the lobby to get the towels myself. No apology for the room not being made up. I am a HHonors member and would not stay here again or recommed this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Indus511, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Good Morning,
I am sorry that this hotel did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that this is not up to our standards. I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future so that we can meet your expectations and exceed them.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is a very clean HGI located a few minutes drive from Ohio State. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast very good in the morning. We also found our welcome at 9:00PM on a Friday night to be very friendly, efficient, and genuine. We've stayed here before, and won't hesitate to stay here again on a future Columbus visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Popovova
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Was there for a quick stay overnight. The room was clean, the bed soft and comfortable. Free wi-fi. Nothing super luxurious but very enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business