“Great Weekend stay!!!!!”

Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Yspilanti
“Great Weekend stay!!!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had to find a hotel without knowing the area at all. This hotel looks brand new. Nice and quiet, comfortable and close to plenty of restaurants. Easy to get to from the expressway. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BP242
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear BP242,

Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel. We are so pleased to be able to give to exceptional service to you and your family. We hope that we can be of service once more here at the Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while attending a cheerleading competition. Staff was very nice and it is well kept. My only complaint was there were several short hairs in the tub upon arrival and when I grabbed a towel there was a long black hair woven in the threads-gross! If they work on these issues I would consider staying again if I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear JackJo,

We appreciate your 4 star review and feedback on our hotel. My team will be pleased to hear that they gave great service to you during your stay. I do apologize for the missed hairs in the tub. This will be addressed at our next meeting and we thank you for informing us about this issue. This review gives a room to improve and become a better location. So thank you again! We hope that you come back and visit soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

The property is right off 70 and easy to get to.
Brandon, Nice job! Thanks
Being a member at both brand clubs and now have stayed at both properties on this street.
This HI is well kept and enjoyed the stay. Definitely will be back when in the area.
Plenty of restaurants at the exit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Travel46804,

Thank you for your 4-star review. Our staff aims to make every guests visit a success and we are happy that we could be of service to you. I will be sure to mention to our bartender, Brandon his great service. We look forward to your future stay here at the Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard.

Best Regards,
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while going to the Hollywood Casino in Cbus. The pictures of the hotel are very deceiving and I was immediately unhappy upon entering the lobby. Check in was easy, but the employee assisting us was not at all hospitable. Given the price of the room, $129, we expected a lot more. The room was the best part of our stay. It was large, clean, and well appointed. There was, however, a flood light shining into our window all night. We were not impressed with the bar and restaurant. The food was overpriced given the average quality. There was a rowdy group at the bar whom were make disgusting remarks and sexual advances towards me. Two of them "jokingly" asked if I had panties on under my dress. At one point the manager had to remove one of the aforementioned men from the area because he was being so disruptive and inappropriate. We retreated to our room due to the unpleasant atmosphere for the duration of the evening- we normally enjoy dining and drinking well into the night. The breakfast was poor without adequate quality options. Another thing we noticed were the employee's attire. Clothing was wrinkled with visible soiling, several appeared disheveled, very unprofessional. My husband was so upset with the way this hotel failed to properly contain the situation in the bar that he demanded a refund. Management would not budge. We ultimately filed a complaint with the corporate office but have yet to be reimbursed for the money we wasted at this terrible hotel. We deeply regret not staying at the Hampton. Now that's a quality hotel. Don't stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin unless you like inflated prices for subpar quality.

• Stayed May 2013
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear MrsBrinnon,

I am sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. We appreciate your feedback about the Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard. I wanted to make sure that this review was the correct location as you listed the Holiday Inn Express Dublin.

If it is our location, I would like to gather further information from you, if possible. It saddens me that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. I will be holding a hotel meeting to discuss your experience and how we can improve.

I was unaware of your bar experience, but I tend to gather information from our restaurant staff and train on a better resolution for the future. We would never want someone else to experience this at our hotel. Our guest’s feedback is very important and I am willing to fix all that I can for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I can help you further. I am here Mon-Fri 7a-3p or you can also ask for our GM, Joey Messer. He would also be able to assist you.

Respectfully,
614-335-1150
Snow.howard@hihilliard.com
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hilliard Holiday Inn! Pam, the night clerk, was incredibly kind, helpful, and accommodating. The hotel was quiet and the pool was warm! The room was very nice! A plus! We hope to come back!

• Stayed December 2013
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear FamilyFunTA,

Thank you for your 5-star review about your great stay. We appreciate your kind words about out facility and our Guest Service Rep, Pam. She will be acknowledge for her great work and we appreciate you for letting us know she gave you great service. We hope that we can be of service to you soon!

Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at this Holiday inn. The last was over the summer while on business.
A shout out to Brandon for his service and welcoming me back without even a word from me . His service was PERFECT!!. Also, Snow and Ryan - GREAT!! Very personable and accommodating.
The hotel is updated and very clean . The hotel has a bar and restaurant with a complimentary HOT buffet breakfast that will satisfy you.
Try it out.. I will always go back!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear KarynG67,

Thank you for your 5-star review on our hotel.So glad to hear about your great experience and thank you for recognizing our team members. We appreciate your loyalty in returning to our location. Hoping we'll be seeing you back soon at the Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard for another great experience.

Best Regards,

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2013

WE would like to compliment Pam, front desk and Brandon in the restaurant for their outstanding customer service; attitudes and customer service. Pam was kind of enough to provide us with trip directions and time frame for next day travel. Brandon went out of his way to accommodate food and entertainment needs and request. Overall, both Pam and Brandon were excellent in service, attitude and excellence. Thank you Pam and Brandon for making our "emergency trip" most pleasant!
Stan and Katherine Daughtridge

Room Tip: The location is excellent with restuarants, stores and movie theatre within walking distance of the...