“Great Conference Facility”

Ranked #73 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Conference Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our annual seminar held in Columbus this year chose the Holiday Inn Columbus Hilliard and I was impressed. A nice quiet immaculate room was found every evening and the staff were quick to provide anything we needed in the spacious conference area. The rate was right and reservations were a breeze. Thanks to the staff for being polite and courteous

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've stayed here a few times since the opening. This time the visit was not satisfactory.
On the positive side, the room was acceptable.
On the negative side...
1 The lobby was dirty, wet, and in need of repair at check-in and out.
2 A group of patrons took over the resturant, bringing their own food, drink, moving the tables and noisy. The staff would/could not control. Those of us wishing to have a meal avoided it. A mess with pizza boxes and trash everywhere.
3 The halls were noisy into the evening.
The staff was informed by guests and no action was taken.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank alvis-f
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear alvis-f,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the cleanliness of the lobby and the crowd control. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Randolph, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Nice looking property, but the AC unit in the room would not cool the room -- it kept shutting off long before the temperature set was reached. Ordered room service after a long day on the road. It was over an hour late.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Bill R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the air conditioning unit and room service. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I used the banquet hall in the Holiday Inn in Hilliard, Ohio to host my daughter's party. The young lady on duty at the front desk was very pleasant and tended to our every need.The entire staff on duty from the morning shift to the afternoon/evening shifts were kind and courteous.

The lobby and restaurant areas were clean and brought on a homelike atmosphere. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely use it again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hudson, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Yeseterday mornign we discovered that items were missing from the room. I brought the matter up with the front desk, who put me with the housekeeping supervisor. She checked and confirmed that no items were turned in by the housekeeper? She offered to check with the person who cleaned my room, but said that she was not in today so she would ask her when she saw her and call me if she knew anything about my missing items. I explained that i would call the police to report the theft from my room, and within 10 minutes she produced one of the items taken and let me know that I would be reimbursed for the other item. Sorry for the mistake...Mistake!! 24 hours later and the hotel manager has not bothered to call me to discuss how I will be reimbursed for the missing item...let alone for the meeting that I missed due to this theft. I'm in hotels 200 nights per year and have only had this happen one other time in the last 20 years...also happened to be in Columbus at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Mike A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and are hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

Ben J
IHG Care
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

My fiancee and I took a weekend away from home, and visited Columbus and some friends on campus at OSU. This hotel is very close to numerous restaurants, stores, and highway access (15-20 minutes to downtown/OSU campus). Upon arrival, the hotel is located next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, and three to four other mid-level hotels, and a couple budget hotels. The hotel is located on a cul-de-sac, and close to I-70, but we did not hear the highway while sleeping. I was disappointed at check-in, due to the priority club check-in lane not being available, and having to wait in line with other non-priority club guests. I also was disappointed at the fact that there was no benefit for platinum status priority club members besides a free bottle of water. Front desk attendant seemed to be extremely nice and welcoming. Upon reaching our room (two queen bed - no suites in this hotel), I was extremely happy to see that the room was quite large for being a standard, and offered a large bathroom as well. Other standard amenities included fridge/flat panel tv/microwave/coffee maker. The beds slept comfortably, despite no curtains not being bright enough (4th floor) to keep out the bright lights of nearby hotel signs. Hotel work out and pool facilities were both well stocked, clean, and not crowded. The lobby was well decorated and had furniture that invited a conversation area, including complimentary water and coffee all day long. We ate breakfast in the restaurant both mornings, and were surprised at the large portions and the fact that the prices were lower than normal hotel prices, but the restaurant only had one waitress for a full restaurant both mornings. Despite only have one waitress, food came out in a timely manner, and hot. We did not eat lunch/dinner at the restaurant either day we stayed here, but did use the bar, which offered $2 beer specials both days, and large tvs. Despite the bar having only about ten stools, it was never crowded, and the staff was friendly and attentive. Overall, I will stay at this hotel again when coming to Columbus, as I was impressed at how new it was, and how large the rooms were, and the overall prices were fair and a good value.

Room Tip: There are really no rooms with a preferred view. Possibly most non-commercial view would be the eas...