“Best well kept hotel in Hilliard, Ohio”

Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard
Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Best well kept hotel in Hilliard, Ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I used the banquet hall in the Holiday Inn in Hilliard, Ohio to host my daughter's party. The young lady on duty at the front desk was very pleasant and tended to our every need.The entire staff on duty from the morning shift to the afternoon/evening shifts were kind and courteous.

The lobby and restaurant areas were clean and brought on a homelike atmosphere. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely use it again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hudson, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Yeseterday mornign we discovered that items were missing from the room. I brought the matter up with the front desk, who put me with the housekeeping supervisor. She checked and confirmed that no items were turned in by the housekeeper? She offered to check with the person who cleaned my room, but said that she was not in today so she would ask her when she saw her and call me if she knew anything about my missing items. I explained that i would call the police to report the theft from my room, and within 10 minutes she produced one of the items taken and let me know that I would be reimbursed for the other item. Sorry for the mistake...Mistake!! 24 hours later and the hotel manager has not bothered to call me to discuss how I will be reimbursed for the missing item...let alone for the meeting that I missed due to this theft. I'm in hotels 200 nights per year and have only had this happen one other time in the last 20 years...also happened to be in Columbus at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Mike A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and are hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

My fiancee and I took a weekend away from home, and visited Columbus and some friends on campus at OSU. This hotel is very close to numerous restaurants, stores, and highway access (15-20 minutes to downtown/OSU campus). Upon arrival, the hotel is located next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, and three to four other mid-level hotels, and a couple budget hotels. The hotel is located on a cul-de-sac, and close to I-70, but we did not hear the highway while sleeping. I was disappointed at check-in, due to the priority club check-in lane not being available, and having to wait in line with other non-priority club guests. I also was disappointed at the fact that there was no benefit for platinum status priority club members besides a free bottle of water. Front desk attendant seemed to be extremely nice and welcoming. Upon reaching our room (two queen bed - no suites in this hotel), I was extremely happy to see that the room was quite large for being a standard, and offered a large bathroom as well. Other standard amenities included fridge/flat panel tv/microwave/coffee maker. The beds slept comfortably, despite no curtains not being bright enough (4th floor) to keep out the bright lights of nearby hotel signs. Hotel work out and pool facilities were both well stocked, clean, and not crowded. The lobby was well decorated and had furniture that invited a conversation area, including complimentary water and coffee all day long. We ate breakfast in the restaurant both mornings, and were surprised at the large portions and the fact that the prices were lower than normal hotel prices, but the restaurant only had one waitress for a full restaurant both mornings. Despite only have one waitress, food came out in a timely manner, and hot. We did not eat lunch/dinner at the restaurant either day we stayed here, but did use the bar, which offered $2 beer specials both days, and large tvs. Despite the bar having only about ten stools, it was never crowded, and the staff was friendly and attentive. Overall, I will stay at this hotel again when coming to Columbus, as I was impressed at how new it was, and how large the rooms were, and the overall prices were fair and a good value.

Room Tip: There are really no rooms with a preferred view. Possibly most non-commercial view would be the eas...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank j n
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Always like staying here. Place is new, modern and very clean. I am a Platinum Member and this hotel ranks in the top 20% of Holiday Inns I stay at. There is an Outback down the street. Area is nice, right off the Interstate. Good place.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We have stayed in some rough Holiday Inns lately. So it was much to our delight to find a newer property (3 -4 years old). The lobby has a huge mosaic waterfall wall. The rooms were updated nicely. Ours had a dead fly here and there and dead lady beetles, but at least they were dead. The bed was clean and comfortable. They used to give Holiday In Priority members a discounted breakfast, but that has gone by the wayside these days.
After the Red Roof Inn at this exit disgusted us with their filthy rooms, we were glad to find clean and updated accommodations.
Their business center looked nice, but they had the access locked and no way to get online.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

My family and I spent one night at this property as a stopover during a road trip from New York to Illinois, and were very satisfied. The property is right off I-70, which was a very convenient location for us. The service was both friendly and professional, and the hotel was very clean and up-to date. One of the primary reasons we selected this hotel was that it offered in-room dining. We were happy with the menu selection, and very pleased with the quality of the food. I anticipate we will return the next time we make the journey.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I spent a night at the Hilliard Holiday Inn while on a business trip to Columbus, Ohio.
We are Priority Club members and have stayed in quite a few Holiday inns across the country in our travels. I must say this is one of the nicest we have visited. The hotel is new so everything is nice and fresh. Service was good upon arriving and we got a gift bag with some goodies to take to our room and enjoy. There is a cafe and bar off of the lobby but also plenty of restaurants in the area. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance. I do have to say I missed having the free breakfast that most HI's provide but all in all it was a good experience. I would stay here again when we return to Columbus.

Room Tip: Always ask the desk for the best rate, We saved twenty dollars by using our AARP card.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business