I stayed 3 nights in early April 2009 for a conference at the convention center. This hotel does NOT have covered access to the convention center so bring an umbrella just in case. Parking lot is across the street and does have in/out privileges, but is not covered and spaces are VERY TINY, so big trucks/vehicles took up a space and half and parking was getting scarce when I checked in around 9 p.m. My room had a great view of Nationwide Blvd.- I booked the junior suite so I would have wireless internet access included. You have to go get an internet access code card every day though which was not a big deal, but not as convenient as all inclusive internet access. The suite was spacious with LOTS of room and king-size bed. Wet bar area with sink and small fridge. Room seemed clean, but upon my initial entry to room, there was an overwhelming smell of cheap mens cologne- so much so that I hesitated to stay in the room for fear there was someone already in the room. I even looked under the bed and couch to be sure! The odor lingered for the first day or so but seemed to dissipate after running the air conditioner/heater- or maybe I just got used to the smell. It wasn't that offensive, but very noticeable. Perhaps it was a fumigation smell of some sort? It did not trigger my asthma. The room showed some wear/tear, but nothing extensive. There was no desk area which made using my laptop challenging when I had to do work because I had to hold it on my lap while sitting on the couch or bed. The restaurant next door (shares parking lot) is AWESOME- highly recommended for a good dinner. Overall, this is a great location for the price if you need a last minute booking- within walking distance to everything. I still prefer the Drury Inn & Suites across the street because they offer a hot breakfast and nightly manager's reception plus covered parking & access to the convention center as well as internet included and an indoor pool. I would consider booking at this Red Roof if my first choice is not available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Red Roof PLUS+. Adding more WOW to your stay! Discover an enhanced experience with all new rooms and our most requested higher-end amenities. A completely remodeled and upgraded stay. The Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center is a pet friendly, family friendly hotel in downtown Columbus, Ohio near the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This hotel is also conveniently located near Nationwide Arena, The North Market and the State Capitol. This terrific 100% Smoke-Free downtown Columbus Red Roof offers free WiFi, free continental breakfast, and free access to nearby fitness center. It also offers suites, a coin laundry facility, elevators and interior corridors. All rooms feature an iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, in-room safe for a nominal fee, microwave and refrigerator. This Red Roof PLUS+ hotel also features Premium Rooms with breakfast and a snack ready in your room! This location offers On Command Video with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. Now offering Red Roof's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. We have meeting space for up to 50 people--please contact our property sales department for more information. Shuttle service available to and from Port Columbus Airport for a nominal fee, please contact hotel for details. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Red Roof Inn and Travelocity so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center Ohio