After reading multiple reviews on here about this property I did book for a Friday night hockey game. Check-in was quick and simple. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and personable. Parking right across the street was cheap ($10 in and out) and easy.
Asked for a high floor in the hopes it would be quiet. Was given room 701 which was at the end of the hall and actually one of only two rooms behind a firewall, so yes it was quiet and private. The room exceeded expectations. VERY spacious!!! Modern decor and features; wall mounted flat screen, microwave, mini fridge, and tons of outlets. Requested a rollaway, but they did not have any. They did have a full-sized inflatable air mattress that actually worked better. It was very easy to inflate and when necessary, deflate. It was WAY more comfortable than a rollaway.
The hotel is a very short two block walk to the arena district and even closer to the Convention Center.
The caution is for the breakfast. I read some reviews on here that said the breakfast had sausage, either patties or links, but they did not. I could have sworn I read it had biscuits and gravy as well, but none. We got down the the breakfast room at 8:30 and they hardly had anything. Some hard boiled eggs and a tupperware bowl of fresh cut fruit with just a few pieces left at the bottom. Little paper plates (the size of a DVD) obviously told me they weren't going to have any hot food. My daughters were hoping for even some cold cereal, but none. For a family of 4 breakfast at the hotel can save $20-$30, but it didn't on this stay.
Would I recommend this property, yes I would. However, be prepared to find breakfast somewhere else. Otherwise, very happy and impressed with this Red Roof Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Red Roof PLUS+. Adding more WOW to your stay! Discover an enhanced experience with all new rooms and our most requested higher-end amenities. A completely remodeled and upgraded stay. The Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center is a pet friendly, family friendly hotel in downtown Columbus, Ohio near the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This hotel is also conveniently located near Nationwide Arena, The North Market and the State Capitol. This terrific 100% Smoke-Free downtown Columbus Red Roof offers free WiFi, free continental breakfast, and free access to nearby fitness center. It also offers suites, a coin laundry facility, elevators and interior corridors. All rooms feature an iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, in-room safe for a nominal fee, microwave and refrigerator. This Red Roof PLUS+ hotel also features Premium Rooms with breakfast and a snack ready in your room! This location offers On Command Video with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. Now offering Red Roof's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. We have meeting space for up to 50 people--please contact our property sales department for more information. Shuttle service available to and from Port Columbus Airport for a nominal fee, please contact hotel for details. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Odigeo, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center Ohio