Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff is always accomodating, cheerful and friendly and the hotel is clean.
Tim and Hayley at the front desk were excellent and should be commended. I can't say enough about this hotel and can't wait to come back with my dog.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RRI262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Your comments about your recent visit with us are very much appreciated. Thanks for telling us how much you liked our service and cleanliness. Tim and Haley will be very happy that you singled them out individually for their service. We are pet friendly. Please do return as often as you like, with your pet. We look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great place to stay when visiting Columbus Ohio. Across the street from the Convention center.Near all the Great Resturants,Bars,shopping.Walking Distance to the Short North.The Staff is wonderful. Breakfast free Go Buckeyes...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
RRI262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for telling us how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, stay here and you will find you can park your car and walk to everything you need in downtown Columbus. Our free continental breakfast is open each morning from 7 AM to 10 AM. Our team hopes you will be back again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A decent hotel in a decent area.

First, the issues:
* The parking is across Nationwide Boulevard which can be busy at times. There is no shuttle or even a crosswalk, so you have to cross a divided highway (sometimes during the night) to get to the hotel (there isn't even a sidewalk so good luck if its raining, you have to trample through mud and wet grass). The parking lot is also limited (7 floors in the hotel and at least 15 rooms per floor means 100+ rooms) and there's only like...50 parking spaces available in the lot 'dedicated' to Red Roof, and I met more than one person hesitant to park in the other lot because they were afraid of being ticketed or towed (even though you could get to that other lot with the $10/night parking pass they give you).
* Hot water was slow to arrive in the shower...I waited about 1 minute for any sign of hot water and then another minute for actual hot water so I could shower
* The TV did not work correctly. The inputs on the side were locked out so you could not plug any perphrials into the TV. The channel selection was also limited, with most hotels focusing on sports, news and HBO. I would like to see a hotel that actually has shows and programming. TBS was about the only thing decent in their lineup.
* The outside perimeter of the hotel smelled disgustingly of raw sewage. This hotel is nowhere near the 'bad' parts of Columbus, nor the river.
* I could hear the elevator from my room, which was 3-4 rooms away.

The good:
* Nice, comfy bed. :)
* Big, comfy room.
* Nice views of the city if you're on a higher floor. Nice views of buildings if you're on a lower one.
* Convenient location to where I was going (just outside downtown) meant not a lot of driving to distant locations, such as Worthington or Dublin.

This trip was part of the Redi Rewards. If I have those points available again, I might stay here. But as a regular trip to Columbus, I think I'll choose another hotel in Columbus that I know and love.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
RRI262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We love to get feedback from our guests. Both the good and the issues. It keeps us on our toes and gives us a chance to make improvements. Please do consider visiting us again in the future. We want you back, "under our Roof."

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visited this Red Roof when I was in Columbus for America's Got Talent Auditions back in February. I won't stay anyplace else next time I'm in downtown Columbus. Great value, very helpful management and staff. Joy was incredibly helpful with a cart so I could move my gear around. This was an awesome visit and I will definitely refer to friends.

Room Tip: Just ask staff to help you, call the front desk, everyone is very helpful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
RRI262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Your comments about your stay are greatly appreciated. We thank you for your business and for telling us how much you enjoyed our customer service. Joy will be thrilled that you singled her out for going above and beyond to assist you. Please come back as often as you like. We love to see our repeat guests.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

In town for a conference at the Convention Center and chose to stay here vs the much pricier options in the vicinity...I was a little hesitant, but can't complain about anything. The price is half that of other options for the room and for the parking. Parking is less convenient (outdoor lot across the street; no valet) than other options in the area, but the price differential makes up for it. Free wi-fi (I've had to pay from $10 - $15 per night at other hotels in this area) which was very dependable and sufficient for my needs. The room was clean and spacious with many modern updates. Others have commented about AC (new units were arriving as I was checking in) no shampoo (I had shampoo) and only having a small travel pack of tissues vs a typical box insert (they were sanitary and the quality was much better than most). The staff was friendly and I've had at least three staff members (maintenance, front desk, and room service) go out of their way to ask if everything was okay or anything needed attention. The mattress was very clean and comfortable and the pillows actually seemed new and had some bulk to them. The walk to the Convention Center is very easy and there are MANY dining options within walking distance. Breakfast is very continental--no real protein or dairy options that I could see--mostly pre-packaged muffins and danish with some bagels. Not a bad experience at all; I won't hesitate to stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RRI262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We appreciate your descriptions of our location, the area, our room supplies and continental breakfast.. Just about everything you need is within easy walking distance to our Red Roof Inn-Downtown. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. Good location. Many nice restaurants in walking distance. Fresh coffee was always available. Wifi signal was weak. Shuttle service was limited. There were plenty of towels, soap and shampoo. I will use this hotel again and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about how much you enjoyed your stay. I am very pleased to tell you that our Wi-Fi equipment was upgraded during the first week of April. It is now very reliable and much quicker. Thanks also for commenting about our convenient location and the easy walk to many area restaurants, as well as the Greater Columbus Convention Center and Nationwide Arena. Our team looks forward to your return visit. You know you are always welcome, under our roof!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Red Roof Inn Downtown Columbus has very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. We were greeted by wonderful frontdesk staff, especially Haley. She was efficient and knowledgeable. Our friend Tom, maintenance supervisor, checked on us and made sure we were comfortable.
Thanks to the great staff at the Red Roof, our trip to downtown Columbus was a nice one.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view on the 7th floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day! We are very glad you decided to to stay with us and visit our downtown area for St. Patrick's Day. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff service. Both Haley & Tom are going to be pleased that you singled them out for their exceptional customer service. Please return to us whenever you need a hotel in Columbus. Thanks again, for your comments and for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn Columbus-Downtown.