We traveled here for a wedding last year. I realize my review is a bit overdue, but I wanted to go on record about what a nice stay we had here. Our check-in experience was a bit hectic. We arrived on a Friday afternoon on a weekend with a LOT of weddings staying at the hotel. The lobby was absolutely packed with people, most of them loaded down with formal wear and wedding decor. Upon check-in, we received a "welcome bag" of stuff from the bride and groom. While I think these little gift bags are silly and unnecessary, I was impressed that the staff was organized enough to get us the correct bag. Seriously - there was a lot of activity going down in this little lobby that day and about 10 different bags from different couples stacked around in the corners behind the desks. Even I was confused. When I needed a quick pin for my dress which ended up being a bit too big at the top (total disaster would inevitably have ensued had I not found a pin), the gentleman at the front desk in the lobby found one for me in about 3 seconds flat. Sir, you saved my night! Great customer service.
Valet parking was expensive. Had we known better, we would have found somewhere else to park the car.
The rooms were nice and clean, very pleasantly updated. Not huge but more than enough room for the two of us. The hotel was situated right in the middle of everything. Downtown Columbus is a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. We could walk or take a very cheap cab ride to wherever we needed to go. As I said, we were in town for a wedding, so we spent a good amount of time in the hotel bar, particularly while the wedding party spent two hours running around town taking photos between the ceremony and reception (obnoxious) and after the reception was over. The drinks were cold, wet and reasonably priced.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in over 400 luxurious Columbus hotel rooms with upscale amenities and contemporary styling while enjoying stunning views of downtown. Let the colorful art of local artisans guide you to the rooftop terrace for relaxation in a uniquely urban poolside oasis. During your stay, explore top attractions from this hotel in Columbus, OH near Nationwide Arena, Columbus Convention Center, and The Ohio State University. Tantalize your palate at Latitude 41, a Dean James Max destination restaurant using local products and naturally-raised meats to create uniquely-simple dishes, or wind down with bar selections at the chic and vibrant Bar 41. For exclusive gatherings, enjoy a Columbus, OH hotel with tastefully renovated indoor and outdoor event space that provides an ideal backdrop for business functions and wedding celebrations. Feel the energy of the state's capital at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbus Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel Ohio
- Columbus Renaissance