My family stayed in room 1316 for the weekend, we we’re in town for a girls scout trip to COSI.
We booked through Expedia, Check in was fast and the staff efficient and accommodating. The room was really clean. The two beds had really nice comforters and plenty of pillows. The heating/cooling system was very modern and quiet. The TV was a nice size, an important detail for an 11yr old son who stayed back from the girls. There was a nice big desk, great if you need to do a little work.
The shower is behind a glass wall with no door to close. I understand this is an issue for some, but we didn't mind this at all, same with the folding bathroom door. The hotel provided toiletries that were Aveda products, a nice touch. The sink area was a little small considering we had makeup and hair products that needed space, but not that big of an issue.
Despite being located near the elevator and soda/ice machines, the room was very quiet.
The bar/restaurant people were friendly and very cordial. Latitude 41, the hotel's restaurant, is wonderful. We all ordered the buffet for breakfast and we were very satisfied. Loved the smoothie. All the staff members were very nice.
This is just a few blocks away from the Ohio Capitol and the heart of downtown. The area surrounding the hotel is very walkable and it's safe to walk about, even at night. There is a Starbucks across the street.
Parking was a bit expensive!
We really liked our stay. I got the impression that a lot of business people stayed in this hotel. We had a good experience all around. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in over 400 luxurious Columbus hotel rooms with upscale amenities and contemporary styling while enjoying stunning views of downtown. Let the colorful art of local artisans guide you to the rooftop terrace for relaxation in a uniquely urban poolside oasis. During your stay, explore top attractions from this hotel in Columbus, OH near Nationwide Arena, Columbus Convention Center, and The Ohio State University. Tantalize your palate at Latitude 41, a Dean James Max destination restaurant using local products and naturally-raised meats to create uniquely-simple dishes, or wind down with bar selections at the chic and vibrant Bar 41. For exclusive gatherings, enjoy a Columbus, OH hotel with tastefully renovated indoor and outdoor event space that provides an ideal backdrop for business functions and wedding celebrations. Feel the energy of the state's capital at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbus Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel Ohio
- Columbus Renaissance