We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a cheering competition at the Convention Center. (2 adults, 2 pre-teen girls)
1. Valet is the only parking offered and it costs $25 per day. (24 hour in & out privileges, I never waited for my car but I always phoned ahead)
2. Outdoor pool ONLY, which is obviously not useful in November.
3. We drove to the convention center 2 days (and had to pay to park there.) It is walkable, but it is not practical with cheer bags, etc. and when on a time schedule, or in the cold weather. (I was told its a 15 min walk) We asked about shuttle service to Conv. Ctr... valet said yes, and to schedule w front desk, front desk employee was rude and stated that shuttle was only available to the airport. Valet wouldn't confirm that they could offer a shuttle, so we drove. It seemed so close to be driving to, but just out of that comfortable walking range, for the reasons stated above.
4. Beds were VERY nice, VERY comfortable. One of the best hotel beds we have ever slept in.
5. Bathroom is tiny, no counter space at all. The door is cut in half with hinges in the middle just so that it can open!! (I have never seen anything like this) You have to be careful bc the sink sticks out from it's corner position very awkwardly. Toilet is commercial with the stick flusher and loud (it comes out from the wall, and is basically against the bathtub).
6. There were no outlets near the desk (that we could find) so with 4 females trying to get ready, the small bathroom counter space was an issue. We had to take turns in there. My daughter sat on a towel on the floor in front of the mirrored closet door to do her hair.
7. Mini-fridge was MINI! TINY! Half gallon of milk, small bottle of coffee cream and 2 - 20 ounce bottles or water is what fit. Anything more and the door wouldn't close. We had to use a cooler w ice for beverages ;)
8. We didn't use room service or eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on that.
9. Some of the front desk employees seemed snooty...some were friendly and said "hi" and smiled as we walked by...their attitudes varied. The man I asked about the shuttle was RUDE, the woman that handled a key issue for us was friendly. (You'll have that everywhere I guess).
OVERALL: Nice hotel, with some flaws. We spent A LOT on parking w tips, and having to pay at Conv. Ctr. too) If you're going to the Conv. Ctr., I would try to stay closer to Convention Center (Drury, Crowne Plaza, Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton Inn are all closer...Friends stayed at Red Roof Inn and said they would never stay there again.)
Hope this helps someone! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in over 400 luxurious Columbus hotel rooms with upscale amenities and contemporary styling while enjoying stunning views of downtown. Let the colorful art of local artisans guide you to the rooftop terrace for relaxation in a uniquely urban poolside oasis. During your stay, explore top attractions from this hotel in Columbus, OH near Nationwide Arena, Columbus Convention Center, and The Ohio State University. Tantalize your palate at Latitude 41, a Dean James Max destination restaurant using local products and naturally-raised meats to create uniquely-simple dishes, or wind down with bar selections at the chic and vibrant Bar 41. For exclusive gatherings, enjoy a Columbus, OH hotel with tastefully renovated indoor and outdoor event space that provides an ideal backdrop for business functions and wedding celebrations. Feel the energy of the state's capital at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbus Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel Ohio
- Columbus Renaissance