Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Lofts Hotel(Columbus)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop poolaveda productsvalet parkingnice hotelthe concierge loungeroom servicebathroom doorper dayvalet staffhotel barbusiness travelshort northking roombed was very comfortablelobby areathe room was niceupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Renaissance 2 nights for a conference in mid-Oct. The room was clean and quiet. The bathroom was small and there were limited supplies.
The conference ended at 1 pm on day#2. I left my luggage in the hotel room until the conference luncheon was over. I took my luggage to the lobby but than went back to the room realizing I had left my cell phone behind. Upon returning to the room, I discovered that the linens had been taken but room not yet cleaned. I asked the cleaning staff nearby if they found my cellphone and charger. The maid said she had the charger but not the cellphone. She told me 'someone else' had been in the room. I filed a report at the front desk. Never heard from anyone. I called and spoke with the head of security. He told me protocol had not been followed, no report had been received, and that he wld make sure my loss was covered and to provide him with receipts. Four weeks later, I am informed by Marriott that under the laws of Ohio, they do not have to cover my loss. They said no report was ever received. I have left numerous messages for security and management and heard nothing. Totally rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dianahh17
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed for three nights for a wedding and thought it was perfectly priced. The rooms were great, sheets were soft, but the bathrooms were quirky. A folding bathroom door, not very hot shower water, and the shower was not very powerful. The lobby bar was great for meeting up with friends and was always a hot spot. Customer service was also very good.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for a week on business. What's important for me on a business travel is a good gym with a decent variety of equipments in addition to other basics like quiet and comfortable room. The gym here is small and there are only 3 weight machines which must be over 10 years old. The worst I've ever seen among Marriott and Hilton hotels. Other issue was there was no bath tub in the room. I usually look forward to taking a hot bath after a long flight and I was very disappointed. These are enough reasons for me not to return.

The pluses are that the concierge lounge has a good variety of breakfast and the food at the restaurant (Latitude 41) is very good. I ordered twice to the room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have traditionally been thrilled to stay at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel for business. The service has been excellent and the food first rate. During my recent stay November 1-3, this was not the case.
While the check in process was smooth and I was mercifully able to get into my room very early, service after check in was dismal. Questions of staff at the front desk about game time for the Ohio State Game and in which room the hospitality suite was located were met with blank stares. I ended up asking the same questions of a fellow conference attendee and they were promptly answered.
The food. Wow! In the past the food, both at the restaurant in the hotel and the banquet lunch services were very good. This year lunch was absolutely terrible. It was a miserable beef dish with disgusting mushroom gravy that an airline would be embarrassed to serve.
That being said, the lounge decor and service in the lounge were outstanding as always!
I hope that the Renaissance makes some improvements soon, it would be sad to lose a good full-service hotel in downtown Columbus.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is home of fitness center and provides access to roof-top sundeck and pool. But note - it is also home to many hospitality suites. If you don't like noise, request a different floor. I staid on 17 this year and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed on November 11/3/12 and overall the stay was great, other than the price. I thought it was a bit high for the size of the rooms.

Although they offer Valet parking for $25, I took advantage of the $15 overnight parking in the lot accross the street.

I had booked two rooms, Michael Marcus was the front desk clerk checking us in, upon arrival only one room was ready, we were given bottles of water and told the room number and that it was being "inspected" and the keys would be brought right up to us. After 30 minutes I was heading down to the lobby to see how much longer it would take to insepct this room, when I saw a housekeeper just starting to clean it! So we called the desk, and 30 minutes later the keys were brought up to us. Why couldn't they just tell us the room was not cleaned yet rather than lying to us? Once in the room it looked over the roof top pool, and was clean but smelt musty. It was also right behind the elevators, so we had to listen to the carts going up and down all night.

Having used to be a front desk clerk I know what should be done, and not done at check in. The clerk did not check my ID at check in like required and spoke the room numbers allowed over and over, which you are not supposed to do for security reasons.

Now upon leaving on the night of the 3rd, there was a nice young man and women, whose names i did not catch, working the front desk and were very helpful in giving me directions on how to get out of downtown and around all of the construction.

The housekeeping staff was great! Every housekeeper I ran into spoke to our group and asked how our day was!

Like I said overall, nice over priced stay with okay customer service and very clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends