“Most Horrible Exoerience”

Motel 6 Columbus OH
Ranked #123 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had to talk to clerk through glass as if they were afraid of area themselves. which they should be with the weekend crowd that started to gather at window like it was a crack house. The rooms are also rented at a hourly rate which I was unaware of and that speaks for its selt. The room had odor and was not clean enough to sleep in. I gave the key back told them the conditions were not exceptable and to top it of they serve breakfast I would not advise anyone to eat cause if the rooms are unclean the kitchen may be worse. If you want to sleep confortable do not go for the cheaper rate.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms that they had to offer for my money. My advise is to go elsewhere and spend...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank iseeyoulooking

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The clerk was a complete jerk! It was raining when I arrived and had to talk to him through a window from the outside. I had to ask him to speak up, letting him know that it's very hard to hear him through the thick pane with the rain pouring down behind me. He was very rude after that, but quoted me $42. I told him I accepted the rate. When I filled out the information sheet and handed it back, he mumbled again through the glass, and I had to ask him to speak up again. He screamed at me to give him my ID and credit card. When he handed it all back and walked away, he charged me $50 for the room, not the $42 he quoted me. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We reserved a room here, when we arrived to check in we were greeted with a very unfriendly clerk who acted surprised that I was even there. After I stated that we had a reservation, he asked if we had a room at America's Best Value Inn. I wanted to say, "no, my reservation is with Super 8 but I thought I'd check in at America's Best Value Inn", what kind of question is that? Without saying anything else, the man disappeared into a room behind the counter and left me waiting, and waiting, and waiting with no explanation of what he was doing. So I left! The building also appeared to be in bad shape and the lobby smelled bad. It gets better, I did not check in and was still charged for the room! We called and they refused to refund the money. It is a rip off to treat a customer as I was treated and then still charge us for the room. I do not recommend anyone ever staying here!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Barb M
Travelers also viewed these Columbus hotels
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
#25 of 145 in Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU
Motel 6 Columbus - Worthington I-270 High St

Been to Motel 6 Columbus OH? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Columbus OH

Address: 5930 Scarborough Blvd, Columbus, OH 43232-4726 (Formerly Knights Inn - Columbus)
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
Ranked #123 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Price Range: $64 - $70 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Columbus OH 2*
Motel 6 Columbus, OH is conveniently located near shopping, dining, and entertainment! Enjoy Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and truck parking on-site. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel 6 Columbus OH reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Columbus OH Ohio