“Great overnight stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Columbus
Neil Avenue Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #100 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Great overnight stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this bed and breakfast. We were delightfully greeted upon arrival. There was wine, banana bread, and chocolate chip cookies waiting for us as afternoon "tea". The room was pleasant. There is a nice parlor upstairs that is shared by the guests. We had our dessert after dinner and played games at the table in the parlor. Breakfast was delicious as the food served is organic. The only negative is there is only on street parking. We didn't have any problems with it on our visit. The home is beautifully restored. There are only four bedrooms so we didn't have any noise problems.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J M

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Chester
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I called to confirm availability for two rooms, two nights, to attend the Arnold Classic at the Columbus Convention Center. I was told the rooms are available and to book online. I booked online and received an email on January 13th confirming the reservation. I called the following week with a question. I left a message asking if my son could use the microwave to heat his own food, already prepared so no cooking involved. He is competing in the Arnold Classic and is on a strict meal plan. I waited four days but no one returned my call. SO, I called back and started asking the same question. Elisabeth said "let me stop you right there. The majority of our guest are academic people, here to visit or attend the university. This is not the kind of place for you and your family. We do not typically have quests that are attending the Arnold Classic." We do not allow eating in the rooms. I said that was fine, I was not asking to eat in the rooms. Simply asked to warm a container of food in the microwave. She said I should find another place and then hung up the phone!
I was left in shock being treated this way by someone in the hospitality business. Her web site states that they are two miles from the convention center but yet does not allow quests attending an event there.
I did find another place to stay after hours of searching, outside of town. I'm sure we would not have enjoyed our stay at the Neil Avenue B & B with such a rude host.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Cindycwestchester
Ohio
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I met our friends in Columbus for the recent OSU/Wisc football weekend and my friend suggested this B&B. We are so happy that she did. It is a beautiful place and Elizabeth and her friend were very pleasant hosts. The breakfast was great and the rooms were very clean--very convenient to German Village and the OSU campus. We would definitely choose to stay here again when needing a place to stay over in Columbus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CJLIM2
Fairview Park, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had concerns about booking a reservation with this B&B b/c of other reviews. Those concerns were borne out by my attempt to book a reservation. The online booking tool wasn't working, so I emailed them to request a reservation for OSU's Parent and Family Weekend. I gave my cell phone number and offered to stop by the next day b/c my husband and I were planning to visit our son, so we thought we could exchange information in person. I got an email back within about an hour informing me they only book online. Try again later. Weird, since we were communicating via email and practically in real time, but okay. I then got a follow up email informing me that the proprietor was not on site and instructing me not to put the student helper in an uncomfortable position. What?! Did the proprietor think I was going to bust in and force the booking? The explanation doesn't even matter. There's a way to communicate, and treating a potential future customer like a criminal is not it. If this is the booking experience, can you imagine, can you imagine the stay?? Look elsewhere. Columbus has plenty of other B&Bs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather T
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This B&B is beautiful and clean. It's nicely appointed with antique furnishings. It was not cluttered with a lot of kitschy objects like many other B&Bs. Also, Most b&b's are in remote locations. It was a nice change to be in an urban area Within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and shopping. Our host was gracious and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Ken C
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great Breakfast cooked by Gene.Lovely Home kept well by Elizabeth and OSU students.My husband and I enjoyed our stay in this lovely home in the Victorian Village.the hostsElizabeth and Gene and the OSU student are lovely people that made us feel welcomed.had a great stay.
GO BUCKS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HeidiRizzo
Cleveland
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I rarely write reviews, but I had to make an exception and issue a warning to anyone considering staying at Neil Avenue Bed and Breakfast. At a B&B in particular, I expect the owners/hosts to be very pleasant and offer exceptional customer service. That is far from the case here. I was highly insulted by the poor treatment and felt very unwelcome. I would highly recommend against staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank j r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU
Courtyard Columbus OSU
#1 of 1 in Grandview Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus OSU
Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St

Been to Neil Avenue Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!