“Great Hotel”

Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed for one night during a recent business trip to Columbus. The Cambria Suites is located on the north side of Columbus in a nice area with lots of shopping and dining options nearby. I would highly recommend this hotel for those of you traveling to the Columbus area. Clean rooms, great service, and well worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you Bryan. We appreciate the nice review. I am pleased that you liked us and would recommend us so highly.

There are newer reviews for Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is terrific. It's located near everything, shopping, food, entertainment but it's also at the far corner of Lyra Road so it's quiet. The rooms are clean and a good size. The price is phenomenal. The breakfast is delicious even if you have to pay for it but they will do ala carte items if you only want a few things.
The only issue at this hotel is that the front desk staff is somewhat lax. There was only 1 friendly desk clerk in our entire 3 day stay. The rest of the desk staff was rude, didn't seem interested in answering questions and acted as if they'd rather be somewhere else. If you don't have any problems during your stay, the staff's rudeness won't bother you too much.
If you're looking for clean, spacious, and affordable than check in here! If you want top notch service go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor so you're away from the hustle and bustle of the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is the best hotel that I've stayed at in Columbus area. I have stayed at several different hotels in the area but this one was the best. The customer service experience was excellent from the checkin to the entry of the room. The room was a really nice setup and large. The facility room for working out was much larger than most hotels, plus the location has lots of nice shopping areas. Overall excellent place to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and had an excellent experience at Cambria Suites. We take great pride in our hotel and I hope you will return the next time you visit Columbus.

Thank you for Great review!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a great find in a beautiful part of town. We had never heard of Cambria and needed something at the last minute as the city was packed for an annual car show, which we were not attending. Cambria has a huge flat screen in the main lobby/lounge area along with a nice sized bar adjacent. The rooms are new and sparkling clean. The rates are reasonable at under $200 per night.

You have to pay ($9.95) for the buffet breakfast, but I always feel you pay for it anyway. Nice fresh selection. Coffee can be made in your room, or complimentary in convenient to go cups at the end of the bar in the lobby.

This property is also located across the parking lot (short walk) to a brand new Cabela's.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am pleased that you discovered us and that we were able to accommodate you on a very busy weekend. I'm also glad that you liked our modern design. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

so much to do at this hotel and around it and the suites are absolutely gorgeous!
there is a pool, restaurant and spa on the premises. I didnt even have the time to experience all the amenities as we were in town for only 2 nights. however the room was spacious, clean and very trendy. loads of families were at this hotel, but that didnt bother me. I would def stay here again!

Room Tip: ask fron desk fro a view of the front, the rear view was ok, but nothing to write home about.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for the nice review!! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and am glad you enjoyed your time at Cambria Suites. Me and my staff look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were impressed with the room both with the size and cleanliness. The lobby was over-run with out of control noisy children and the hallway was noisy as well. I expect a "wild" atmosphere at a Motel 6 but not a a "suite" based hotel. I certainly would have expected management to have done something/anything to have insured other guests a pleasant visit. We could not even attempt a trip to the bar it was too dangerous to sit on bar stools with the wild ones running around. Then again I guess I should have expected the parents to control their children as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I appreciate your review and I'm happy that you found Cambria Suites to be roomy and clean. I apologize for the activity level you encountered. We do try to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all our guest however sometimes it becomes difficult. I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We travel with our four children, ages 4-12, and our suite slept all 6 of us comfortably. The price was reasonable. If in the area again, I will definitely stay here. Our first floor room was convenient to the pool and parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am happy you found our suites to be spacious enough for your family. We look forward to seeing you again.