“Great Hotel”

Ranked #65 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is the best hotel that I've stayed at in Columbus area. I have stayed at several different hotels in the area but this one was the best. The customer service experience was excellent from the checkin to the entry of the room. The room was a really nice setup and large. The facility room for working out was much larger than most hotels, plus the location has lots of nice shopping areas. Overall excellent place to stay at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and had an excellent experience at Cambria Suites. We take great pride in our hotel and I hope you will return the next time you visit Columbus.

Thank you for Great review!
Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Napa, California, Usa
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a great find in a beautiful part of town. We had never heard of Cambria and needed something at the last minute as the city was packed for an annual car show, which we were not attending. Cambria has a huge flat screen in the main lobby/lounge area along with a nice sized bar adjacent. The rooms are new and sparkling clean. The rates are reasonable at under $200 per night.

You have to pay ($9.95) for the buffet breakfast, but I always feel you pay for it anyway. Nice fresh selection. Coffee can be made in your room, or complimentary in convenient to go cups at the end of the bar in the lobby.

This property is also located across the parking lot (short walk) to a brand new Cabela's.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am pleased that you discovered us and that we were able to accommodate you on a very busy weekend. I'm also glad that you liked our modern design. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again.

Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed July 23, 2013

so much to do at this hotel and around it and the suites are absolutely gorgeous!
there is a pool, restaurant and spa on the premises. I didnt even have the time to experience all the amenities as we were in town for only 2 nights. however the room was spacious, clean and very trendy. loads of families were at this hotel, but that didnt bother me. I would def stay here again!

Room Tip: ask fron desk fro a view of the front, the rear view was ok, but nothing to write home about.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for the nice review!! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and am glad you enjoyed your time at Cambria Suites. Me and my staff look forward to your next visit.

Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were impressed with the room both with the size and cleanliness. The lobby was over-run with out of control noisy children and the hallway was noisy as well. I expect a "wild" atmosphere at a Motel 6 but not a a "suite" based hotel. I certainly would have expected management to have done something/anything to have insured other guests a pleasant visit. We could not even attempt a trip to the bar it was too dangerous to sit on bar stools with the wild ones running around. Then again I guess I should have expected the parents to control their children as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I appreciate your review and I'm happy that you found Cambria Suites to be roomy and clean. I apologize for the activity level you encountered. We do try to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all our guest however sometimes it becomes difficult. I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the area.

Danville, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We travel with our four children, ages 4-12, and our suite slept all 6 of us comfortably. The price was reasonable. If in the area again, I will definitely stay here. Our first floor room was convenient to the pool and parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy you found our suites to be spacious enough for your family. We look forward to seeing you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in June of 2013. The hotel is in a great location. There are many stores and restaurants nearby. The hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful. Our special requests were accommodated by the front desk at check in (room on the top floor and at the end of the hall away from the elevator). Our room was very clean and had a fresh smell to it. The king size bed was most comfortable. We had an amazing stay at this hotel! We will be staying here again when we are in the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donnieBobcat
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased that you found my staff to be accommodating. We look forward to your next visit and hope that is just as amazing.

Jackson, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I spent three days and two nights at this hotel. We had a whirlpool room with a king size bed.

The area where the hotel is located is a great area. There are numerous restaurants and shopping destinations nearby. The hotel itself was very nice. We arrived an hour before check-in and we were notified that we could check-in early, which is great, because we have been to hotels where they would not allow us to check-in early because the room was not prepared yet. Also, we never had any issues with getting a close parking spot to the entrance. maybe we just got lucky, but it seemed like we were always able to find one spot open near the entrance.

The hotel staff that we dealt with were great. Upon checking in, we asked about nearby restaurants and we were provided with a map that showed surrounding streets and where restaurants were located. My only issue with the map is that "Babies 'R' Us" is spelled "Babbies".

We spent a day going to the Columbus Zoo, which is only about fifteen to twenty minutes away from the hotel, which was another great thing about the hotel. The Columbus Zoo is a great zoo and worth the trip.

The room we stayed in appeared to be clean and was great for our purpose. There is a sitting area with a love seat and a chair and a flat screen tv. Then there was the king size bed with another flat screen tv. And then there was the whirlpool, which is in a room by itself, along with a third flat screen tv. I say "room" but it is really all one big room. There are no doors separating the areas, just walls and dividers. This wasn't an issue since it as just my wife and I, but something to think about if you are traveling with friends or other family members. There is also a full length mirror and a desk in the sitting room area, which was great for our laptop.

The stay would have been excellent except for a couple issues. First, there is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The microwave worked fine, but the refrigerator not so much. We checked-in just after 2:00pm. The refrigerator was turned down almost all the way. It did not feel cold at all, so I turned the refrigerator all the way to max. My wife and I had some drinks which we placed in the refrigerator. We then went out for the day, and when we came back later on that night, the refrigerator was still warm and our drinks were not cold at all. It wasn't until the following morning when we woke up that I checked the fridge and found it cold.

So if you are planning on using the fridge, especially the first day of your stay, I would suggest calling the hotel and requesting the fridge be turned all the way up to max, however, it appears to take almost a day to get fully cold.

Another issue was with the tv in our whirlpool room. The tv would turn on, however, it would not turn channels and you could not turn the volume up. So we were not able to use the tv all three days we were there... a bummer to say the least. We called down to the hotel desk and someone came up to look at it, but they told us there was nothing they could do.

Also, be aware that there is a walk in shower, however, there is no door and there is no way to 'close' the shower completely off from the rest of the bathroom. At the end of the shower is where you walk in, and you must place a towel on the floor because water will splash out onto the floor and onto whoever is walking by, like my wife for example.

There is also no fan in the bathroom. So as I am taking a shower, my wife walks in to get ready for dinner, and all of the mirrors and glass are fogged up, forcing her to use the mirror out in the sitting area to do her hair and makeup, which is not ideal. A small, minor issue as well is that there was some wall paper in the sitting area that appeared to be peeling off, but that didn't matter to us.

All-in-all, my wife and I had a good trip, and we plan on returning to the area again. But for the cost (around $447 with taxes and fees) there are too many other hotels in the area for us to probably return to Cambria Suites. The lack of a working tv and no fridge for the first day was not worth the cost of the suite.

Room Tip: There are four floors. So if you do not want to take the chance and hear people stomping around abo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple