“Staycation”

Ranked #59 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Omaha, Nebraska
“Staycation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I really can't say enough about this place. We have gone to this establishment at least 4 times this year...and will be back on Monday. I call it, my "home away from home." The rooms are spacious.
We enjoy our early check-ins and late check outs. I can study here and get focused, while relaxing and enjoying some of the perks of a vacation. I order room service at a fairly reasonable price. I don't care for the portion size, but the bonus is, it will keep you from over eating. Smile! They should work on the "happy hour." Since I'm not that fond of it, I usually just go to Bonefish Grill just about a mile away and enjoy their specials.
Before I check out for the day, I utilize their hotel gym. It's pretty impressive for a hotel of its size. If this hotel offered weekly "special rates" I would stay more often.

Room Tip: Ask for any specials or discounts!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luckeycharm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hurricane, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel, and loved it! It is located in a very convenient location near the Polaris area, but is tucked back out of the way, across from Costco, so you avoid a lot of the heavy mall traffic. The service from the staff was great, they have a nice restaurant and coffee bar on site. The rooms are very large and well decorated. Everything was clean -- and for the price, this was a much better option than a "non-suite" hotel. I will definitely stay here again!

Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

We check in about 8pm on 4/29. At the front desk, Ms. Smith was wonderful. She pleasantly gave me her full attention, explained breakfast and the zoo package I inquired about. We were assigned a lovely room on the fourth floor. (It was a bit far to get to the room)

We settled in, and then we got the call. Ms. Smith had to make the dreaded call asking if everything was ok because the folks on the third floor heard some banging and because they had to get up early (it was 8:30).....

It was my kids. lol.

Anyway, she handled it with grace and I suggested that maybe we move since my kids were still releasing the days energy and I didn't want to disturb anyone. Problem solved. I said that we had already mussed the room a bit and she said, "Oh, that's no problem. If you're ok with moving, we have a lovely room on the pretty vacant first floor and the kids can jump away all they want." We accepted and the room transition was smooth.

We wanted to use the pool and hottub. Since the lock was acting up, she had to personally let us in. That's when I asked for the couch bed to be made up. Although it was a skeleton crew that night, she and Clifford got it done. We laughed a bit during the process as well.

Though we didn't use the fitness room, we did "tour" it and the machines seemed to be of high quality and there was equipment for mat exercising as well.

The room was large and tastefully decorated. Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffee maker and blow dryer (not attached :) to the wall). I agree with another post, that the bedding in the couch was super thin. The regular beds were quite comfortable. The shower was hot and enjoyable. There were some minor flaws I won't bother to list.

Nearby there is plenty of shopping, though we were in town for the zoo. Our bill and a WSJ were provided in the morning and we were off for the day's adventure.

Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are close to the pool.
1 Thank FamilyOfFour08
Ripley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

This was our first stay at a Cambria Suites and I would recommend it to anyone. We had to wait a few minutes to check in as there was no one at the front desk when we arrived. Our room was on the fourth floor, one of the large living room suites. The room was huge. It was tastefully decorated. The bathroom was super huge, bigger than any other hotel I have stayed at. The bed was comfortable, but the sofa bed could use a new mattress as it was super thin. Housekeeping was excellent. There are a few flaws in the wall paper and a couple areas the tile grout needs to be new, but besides that our room was spotless when we arrived and the second day after going out and coming back. We ate breakfast at the hotel both mornings and had the buffet. It was reasonably priced. The first morning (4/21) the young man cooking was excellent at his job, wish we had gotten his name as he is an asset to this property. The front desk was more than helpful in helping with a map of the area and places to eat marked on it. The area is nice with alot of eating establishments and shopping areas. The parking lot is well lit and good sized. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was my second visit to Cambria Suites. The hotel is very beautiful and the rooms are excellent, but the customer service at the front desk was horrible. The person literally ignored me for 5 minutes when I came to check in. I wrote up a card and even sent an email to Mr Rump. Not even a "received your email" response. The gas station down the street has better service. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Southernbelle305
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a great hotel for a business stay. Quick check in, ample and well-lit parking, nicely laid-out room with an empty fridge (Target is just across the way.) Bar with small takeout selection, including fruit, and lots of seating areas. 24 hour fitness. Two TV's, sparkling bath, good lighting, nice teas and coffee -- in short, everthing one needs for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel room was simply "dreamy" in every way imaginable. The room had that wonderful brand new smell to it. The room was decorated very nicely. Simply stated it was by far one of the best hotel rooms we have ever stayed at. The beds were marvelous. At first I thought the bed was going to be too soft. But was pleasantly surprised when I woke up and had the most wonderful nights rest...Very cozy & comfy...Bathrooms were immaculate..HIGHLY recommended:)...