“Convenientbusiness hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Miami, Florida
“Convenientbusiness hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service from Columbus International airport. It was very convenient for us, as we didn't want to rent a car. We advised the hotel in advance of our arrival and the shuttle was waiting for us at the airport. All the shuttle drivers we met during our stay were friendly, courteous and helpful. The complimentary hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles from the hotel (and pick-up too if you call them). We found this service outstanding and a big plus for staying here.

Our room was in executive floor. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a modern design furniture. We visited the executive lounge for breakfast and few drinks in the evening. Breakfast was good with a choice of fruit, bagels, pastries, cereals, juice, tea and coffee. In the evening there are few complimentary snacks (cheese, crackers and veggies with a dip). Alcoholic drinks do cost some money, but the prices are very modest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank DotMiami
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. I'm so glad you had an opportunity to enjoy some of our wonderful amenities that we have to offer for our travelers. We look forward to your return!

Nancy Howard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Canton,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Polaris for a night on a business trip. The hotel is located in the hustle and bustle of the Polaris shopping area north of Columbus. The hotel has a very nice lobby and quick check in. The room was very spacious with a smaller size bathroom. Everything was very clean and made for a comfortable nights sleep. I was able to dine, shop etc all in one place and be ready to hit the road in the morning. Next time I am staying over night in the Columbus area I will be staying at the Hilton Polaris.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I booked two nights in this hotel and I checked out the photos online. They looked nice. The hotel seemed classy. They did no justice for this hotel. It is GORGEOUS. The staff were absolutely incredible. They offer free wired/wireless internet, which is important for me, a shuttle to take you anywhere in a 5-mile radius. I was really hesitant about using this because it says on the website that you need to book the shuttle 24-hrs in advance, when really all you do is call down to the desk and tell theme where you need to go and what time you would like picked up. Their shower is wonderful, the beds are luxurious, and the room is spacious and wonderful. Loved this.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I spent an evening away from the kids at this hotel. The hotel is very clean and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There was shopping, restaurants, dave and busters, and a cinema across the street from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Stayed in the hotel for a copuple of night in two seperate weeks. First week was on executive floor 199 USD aand offered complementary brekafast but only in the lounge (found out only after I was checking out and had to pay for breakfast outside lounge). They also offered drinks in the lounge and they got chargd to my room without me signing anything or the lady in the lounge mentioning anything. Watch out.Second stay was in regualr room 145 USD but was exactly the same room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank globaljolly14
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Thank you for your response. We value your comments and take them very seriously. Access to our Executive Lounge, is an exclusive benefit extended to our Hilton HHonor’s Gold and Diamond Members and to guests who pay for an upgrade with access to the Executive Lounge. While a complimentary Continental Breakfast is offered in the Executive Lounge, the enhanced Breakfast Buffet, available in our Gemini Grille Restaurant, is not included in the room rate. As stated on our hotel’s website, the Executive Lounge includes “…a deeply discounted Concierge cash bar.” A drink price sheet and registry are located near the beer and wine selections, so guests can help themselves and note their purchases when the Concierge is not present. Due to the large amount of requests for executive level rooms, there are times when we have to use our standard rooms and still provide access the executive lounge with all its complimentary amenties. I do hope this explains the confusion. We look forward to your return!

Nancy
Cedar Springs, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

We rented the conference room for a meeting. The valuables were kept with us up until a few minutes before leaving the hotel. The valuables were taken to the vehicle after the meeting just after 5:00 p.m. By about 5:30 my husband our son and another colleague were walking out to the car and a hotel staff member was already in the parking lot taking pictures of our vehicle. It was quite evident for our belongings to be stolen in such a short window of time like that, that there was clearly someone in the parking lot watching. Earlier in that same day another hotel guest had their vehicle stolen from this hotel's parking lot.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank susan1208
nhoward, General Manager at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
While theft and break-ins can be common in any public areas, our guest's safety and welfare is our top priority. Immediately upon learning of this incident described, our staff quickly moved to secure the area and record information to assist the police investigation. The overall attractiveness of the Polaris area has resulted in the continued growth of business and retail development. With the resulting increase in area traffic, we are advising guests to take the extra precaution of removing valuables from their vehicles.

Dominic Vitale
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I locked my keys in my car. I wasn't even staying in the hotel - I was just attending a conference there. The assistant manager called AAA and used her personal account with them. She took care of meeting them in the parking lot and getting my keys while another kind polite staff member took my wife and I in the hotel shuttle to get lunch. When we were done with lunch, my keys were ready at the desk. They completely changed my day!

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business