“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Casstown, OH
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Booked last minute for a quick getaway and the experience was amazing! The rooms were immaculate and well appointed and the pool and hot tub area was very nice. It is located right at the mall and close to all Polaris area restaurants. Definitely recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would have given this hotel five stars but someone needs to explain me the best rate guarantee. It is not that I don't understand the policy, just that the principle behind the policy seems misleading, at least to me..
It seems the best rate guarantee only applies to the rate the Hilton or its official sites quote; not any quote you can obtain through Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.. I did call the hotel and emailed management because I did find a cheaper rate at Expedia but the hotel would not honor that rate. According to customer service, they do not compete with third parties. So I guess my question is--- what is the competition for the "best rate guarantee" other than Hilton itself. For me, that makes "best rate guarantee" nothing worth advertising.

As for the hotel itself, I have stayed here before and it truly is the place to stay while in Columbus. It is extremely clean, the staff is wonderful and you can walk to the Polaris Mall.
They do offer a shuttle which is a bonus. Our room not only looked and smelled clean, it was clean. I dropped a compact under the desk and it was clean even under there! As gold card members, we received the free breakfast which was excellent. The fruit was extremely fresh and although scrambled eggs was the only option at the buffet, the server offered to makes us eggs any way we liked., The staff is friendly and professional without being intrusive.

I have been extremely loyal to Hilton because I find that their properties are well managed but there have been subtle changes here in the U.S. that have me exploring Marriott properties. That said, while in Columbus, I would stay at this Hilton property.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the King Executive Suites this past weekend, and as usual, it was an enjoyable stay. From the moment we checked in with the friendly and helpful front desk person, to the beautiful, clean, and spacious room, to the outstanding room service, everything was just perfect.

A few suggestions we do have (these items did not detract from our stay, but are easy fixes):

~We had requested extra pillows and towels upon arrival, which we did not receive. This could have been easily remedied by calling housekeeping, but we decided we would work with what they provided.

~This room has 1.5 bathrooms. There was only one extra roll of TP in the primary bathroom, plus the two half rolls already dispensed. Thankfully, we brought an extra roll of TP with us, which we ended up needing over the two-night stay. Again, easily remedied by calling housekeeping, but with two bathrooms, I think having an extra roll in each bathroom is not too much to ask. In addition, it would have been nice to have a trash can in the smaller bathroom.

~Both toilets are in desperate need of having the insides replaced. They were very slow to flush and fill. An easy replacement of the insides of both toilets (room 906) would fix this issue quickly and cheaply.

This is a beautiful, well-maintained hotel property. The staff are all friendly and helpful (big kudos to room service as they were all very friendly, the food was fantastic, and they were quick); the suite was spacious and quiet; and you have everything you can think of to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. This is our favorite hotel in Columbus!

Room Tip: Splurge for an Executive King Suite with 1.5 baths and soaking tub. Well worth the extra cost.
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Chops1971
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Chops1971,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such an excellent review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! I appreciate your feedback and suggestions on ways to improve your overall experience. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction! I will share your comments with our Housekeeping Managers so that they can inspect the room you occupied. We know you have many hotels to choose from and we are delighted to hear that the Hilton Columbus/Polaris is your favorite hotel in Columbus, OH. We look forward to your return!

Nancy Howard
Area Director of Sales
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend. From the minute we walked in.. Everything was great. The girls at the desk greeted us with a smile and were very friendly. Everyone that works here smiles and acknowledges you which is great. This hotel is very very clean and comfortable. The pool was ok. Hot tub very nice and gym was great. Will be staying here next time I'm in Cbus!

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel deserve more than what they charge for a room.
I stayed there for three nights and I liked it so much.
The room is very big, the bed is comfortable. The lobby is spacious.
They offer free parking .
Also, the hotel is located near Polaris fashion place and other plazas.

I would defiantly recommend it.

Stayed March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have stayed in Hilton hotels all around the US ranging from good (Madison) to amazing (Palmer Chicago and Shanghai) and found the Hilton in a suburb of Columbus, of all places, to be one of the tops. First off, I asked for shuttle service from the airport when I arrived. The driver was waiting for me when I arrived and greeted me with a smile and assistance with my luggage. The hotel staff was ready to attend to me when I arrived and was extremely friendly. When you arrived, you felt like they wanted you to be there. I was upgraded to a suite (as a diamond member) and it was probably the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in with a living room, full dining room, office, bedroom and 2 baths. WOW! The breakfast staff provided service with a smile and ensured that I always had what I needed. This has been one of the most pleasant business trips I have taken in as long as I can remember! Thank you to the friendly, competent, and service-oriented staff at the Hilton Polaris in Columbus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Emberito,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We appreciate your great comments about our hotel, staff and services we provide. Thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor so that others can read about our AAA Four Diamond hotel in Columbus, OH. I do hope you get another opportunity to return to our hotel in the future. We look forward to seeing you!

Nancy Howard
Area Director of Sales
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have stayed here every year for the past three years for a work event that my wife attends. It is a great place to stay. Convenient to shopping and just about any type of food you could want. It is really clean. Wonderful staff every year. The pool and workout facility is great. I take advantage of those every year. It has a nice bar. I look forward to staying here each year. Our room is always clean and the beds are out of this world comfortable. I have never taken the time to eat at the restaraunt that is on site. Do not hesitate to stay here. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business