“Gold Standard for Service”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #11 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Dallas, United States
“Gold Standard for Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I would recommend this properety for business or pleasure. The staff is ALWAYS helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable. No matter the time of day or night of check-in you are greeted and offered assistance with luggage, wake-up calls, etc.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was out first time staying at the Hilton Polaris, but it will not be our last as our family lives in that area.

We made our reservation by phone due to a special request. The reservationist went out of her way to make sure our request was taken care of in a professional and very friendly manner.

The rooms were spotless and much larger then they appeared online. The pool area was wonderful and on a night when the high temperature was -4 outside we were delighted by the warm water of the pool and the size and location of the whirlpool! Nothing like staring out the window at a snowstorm while your family has a great time indoors like we were in Florida!

The restaurant has a nice menu and we enjoyed a relaxing dinner there. They also have a large snack shop which had a very larger variety personal and food items

If you're considering this hotel as a choice while staying in that area, I would definately give it a try!!

Room Tip: If you do stay at this hotel, get a lower level room, If you're like us, you wont be spending mu...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Girard Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed here twice a year for the pst 4 years - a professional group I belong to meets here on those occassions. Never a bad experience. Locale is convenient to many good restaurants ( for dinner meetings).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Wayne (NJ), United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Overall, this was a very nice visit. Beautiful suite, Nice bar, and a very good breakfast buffet. My wife loved the suite and it was QUIET.... a real plus! The area of Polaris offers plenty to do and great places to eat, so it isn't necessary to drive very far from the hotel. For a weekend getaway, this is a very pleasant escape.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

mclean, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stay at this hotel very often-- about seven or eight times a year. I have seen a decline in service since I have been staying here -- 2010 is the year of my first stay. The overall management and treatment of guests needs work. I am a captive audience since its the only halfway decent hotel in the area. I don't have much choice but to continue to stay here. I hope it gets better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Cathy M,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. Being rated one of the top 5 Hilton hotels in the USA over the past 5 years in guest satisfaction, we take your comments very seriously. I do hope you give us an opportunity should your travels bring you back to our area.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Nancy Howard
Area Director of Sales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel lobby is one of the nicest I've seen with the fireplace and sofas-very spacious. The room was beautifully decorated in contemporary furnishings and was very spacious and clean. Great location across the street from Polaris Mall and numerous reataurants. The staff was exceptionally courteous and friendly. I will stay here whenever I'm in Columbus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

westerville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I felt very safe and secure. they had very comfortable rooms. any request I had was remedied quickly. i even forgot to move my phone charger from room to room and they came up to my room with a basket of left behind chargers. that is service ! the pool and exercise room was awesome. the restaurant and room service very handy. the parking was close to the building with plenty of lighting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo