“Top Notch from start to finish!!”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Akron, Ohio
“Top Notch from start to finish!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was out first time staying at the Hilton Polaris, but it will not be our last as our family lives in that area.

We made our reservation by phone due to a special request. The reservationist went out of her way to make sure our request was taken care of in a professional and very friendly manner.

The rooms were spotless and much larger then they appeared online. The pool area was wonderful and on a night when the high temperature was -4 outside we were delighted by the warm water of the pool and the size and location of the whirlpool! Nothing like staring out the window at a snowstorm while your family has a great time indoors like we were in Florida!

The restaurant has a nice menu and we enjoyed a relaxing dinner there. They also have a large snack shop which had a very larger variety personal and food items

If you're considering this hotel as a choice while staying in that area, I would definately give it a try!!

Room Tip: If you do stay at this hotel, get a lower level room, If you're like us, you wont be spending mu...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Girard Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed here twice a year for the pst 4 years - a professional group I belong to meets here on those occassions. Never a bad experience. Locale is convenient to many good restaurants ( for dinner meetings).

Wayne (NJ), United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Overall, this was a very nice visit. Beautiful suite, Nice bar, and a very good breakfast buffet. My wife loved the suite and it was QUIET.... a real plus! The area of Polaris offers plenty to do and great places to eat, so it isn't necessary to drive very far from the hotel. For a weekend getaway, this is a very pleasant escape.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

mclean, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stay at this hotel very often-- about seven or eight times a year. I have seen a decline in service since I have been staying here -- 2010 is the year of my first stay. The overall management and treatment of guests needs work. I am a captive audience since its the only halfway decent hotel in the area. I don't have much choice but to continue to stay here. I hope it gets better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Cathy M,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. Being rated one of the top 5 Hilton hotels in the USA over the past 5 years in guest satisfaction, we take your comments very seriously. I do hope you give us an opportunity should your travels bring you back to our area.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Nancy Howard
Area Director of Sales
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel lobby is one of the nicest I've seen with the fireplace and sofas-very spacious. The room was beautifully decorated in contemporary furnishings and was very spacious and clean. Great location across the street from Polaris Mall and numerous reataurants. The staff was exceptionally courteous and friendly. I will stay here whenever I'm in Columbus.

westerville, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I felt very safe and secure. they had very comfortable rooms. any request I had was remedied quickly. i even forgot to move my phone charger from room to room and they came up to my room with a basket of left behind chargers. that is service ! the pool and exercise room was awesome. the restaurant and room service very handy. the parking was close to the building with plenty of lighting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Bucyrus, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our stay was only one night, however it was well above our expectations. The lobby and staff was very friendly and welcoming including the bell hop! We were there for a company holiday party and had a great experience there. The conference/party rooms were very well maintained and the catering was outstanding. Can't wait to visit again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Eric H,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your Holiday Party with us. I will definitely share your comments with everyone since it is our goal to provide excellent customer service to all our guests. We look forward to your next visit and the possibility of hosting your company Holiday party in 2014!

Nancy Howard