“Need Better Housekeeping”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This has been about the 3rd time staying at ths hotel We had a king suite. The layout of the room is great but the housekeeping was not so good. There were stains on the couch and on the carpet. The spread looked dirty as well. (We always take those off and use our own, I know crazy .... right???) There were a lot of scuff marks on the tables that were colored in with some kind of marker. I guess an attempt to blend them? The bar area and lounge are incredible. The staff is also amazingly nice. We love staying in this area. This hotel is in a prime location. Please clean your rooms better so we will continue to come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear JohnET50,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you were not pleased with our housekeeping efforts. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy our bar area and that our staff was amazing. I do hope you continue to visit choose our hotel on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Columbus/Polaris

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed there during the first week of november, attended a business meeting. I have to say that this is probably the best Hilton I have ever stayed at (I'm a Hilton Diamond member and travel all over the US). Everyone I interacted with was very proffesional, courteous, yet friendly. The room was spotless and well maintained. Our meeting went very well; my colleagues and I were very impressed with the service and the facilities. Kudos to you! I will be sure to return soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The rooms were fantastic and wonderful location. I had different circumstances since I was with a tax exempt organization. The Hilton has their own policy that does not line up with what the state requires. The woman to whom I spoke to at check in was rude and condescending to me. Watch/ check the Hilton's policy if you have specific circumstances.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Kathleen K,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your experience at our hotel. I do apologize if you were treated in a disrespectful manner. We will review this with all involved so that this not happen again. I do want to clarify the tax exempt policy that the hotel enforces. It is not a Hilton policy, but the City of Columbus exempt policy. "The Columbus City Codes, Chapter 371.02(e) and Tax Regulations of the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority, Section 2(d) provide for specific exemptions in the payment of hotel/motel tax. The following situation illustrates the exemption: A transaction charge for lodging furnished to State and local governments and political subdivisions thereof are exempted from the excise tax if and only if the accommodation charge is BILLED and DIRECTLY PAID by same State or political subdivision."

I do hope this clears up any misunderstanding. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent guest service.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at the cambria suites in polaris but I will have to say that this hilton is wonderful. The desk staff is friendly and inviting. The cambria suites always has different staff too ofen and the service has really taking a fall. Its nice to check-in a hotel and see familiar faces. I will be staying at the hilton from now on. I think I found my home away from home.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business conference. I have been to this conference for several years, but this is the first time I stayed on site. To be honest, I have liked all the other hotels I have stayed at in the area more than my stay at the Hilton this year. The Hilton is pricey, offers no free breakfast, and has small rooms. The Garden Inn across the way is much roomier. I can pay half the price and stay across the street at a Days Inn and get much more for my money and still have clean, nice rooms ! Our bathroom was super small. I don't think they offer The customer service that they should. When in need of a hygiene product that I had forgotten, they told me I could find what I needed in the gift shop. Apparently, they are unwilling to offer complementary items to their guests. Not acceptable for the price that you pay to have a room there. Overall, I do not recommend this Hilton. I will choose to stay off-site for this conference next time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Jenny H,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel, services and amenities we provide. We strive to offer the best hotel experience and amenities to all our guests when they choose us versus other hotels. I do apologize that our complimentary supplies did not include what you needed. We do offer complimentary items such as a toothbrush and tooth paste, shaving cream and shaver, combs, lotion and mouthwash. Should you want to visit our hotel on your next visit, we do offer a complimentary breakfast in our Executive Lounge for our Executive Level rooms Monday through Friday.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Overall, I feel good about this stay but... We stayed in the 2 Bay Suite and the room was very very nice, loved the room. The décor was very neutral and appealing and comfortable; like home. The bed was comfortable but very very soft so not maybe for someone who needs a firm bed.. Our room seemed quiet, we didn’t hear any activity from other rooms or the hall. The lobby was beautiful and check in staff was nice. The Spa was O.K... One of the best massages I have ever had, one of the worst pedicures I have ever had. The overall feel of the hotel was very luxurious. Now the not so good. The floor in our room was grose, didn't seem to have been cleaned. There was a hair brush and an ibuprofen on the floor, a cap to a hairspray or something and M & M’s; shouldn’t have been if the floors were cleaned.. There was a razor cap in the shower floor and some black moldy looking stuff; should have been there if the floor was cleaned.. The room service we ordered took a long time, was pretty expensive and was barely room temperature upon arrival. Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 8:30 (and three more times before checking out around 10:30) to try to get in and clean our room when checkout wasn’t until 11 or 12.. The trim in the bathroom and the floor around the toilet had what appeared to be puke splattered around/on it which was totally grose! Considering the hotel has hundreds of rooms they could potentially have to clean each day, I understand that it will not be perfect. I do however expect it to at least be clean. If the floor would have been clean and housekeeping wouldn’t have been bugging us so much in the a.m., this would be a 5 star review! I would definitely stay here again and allow them to prove to me that the dirty floor in my room was a fluke and not the norm for this hotel given all of the other nice things we experienced.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here the past weekend while visiting the zoo and friends in Columbus. This is a great location outside of the city so the price was a great deal. It is a quick 15 minute drive to the zoo and is near plenty of restaurants and Polaris Mall and is an easy drive to Easton and Downtown. The pool was nice and relaxing especially after a long drive and day of walking around. The only downside was the staff didn't seem very knowledgeable of restaurants in the area when we asked for recommendations about where to grab dinner. Only could recommend the couple where they had eaten personally. This was a minor issue and overall it was a great stay.

Room Tip: If you can get on the 9th floor which is the top. Very quiet and not a lot of foot traffic.