“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, United States
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have stayed at Polaris Hilton four times and enjoyed the experience each time. The hotel is clean, comfortable, quiet and safe and the staff is excellent. We strongly recommend this hotel. If you need a hotel in the Columbus are, try this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Brian S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Grand Forks, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I require a fragrance free room, and unlike many other full service Hiltons, this hotel has repeatedly not delivered on this need. This means no soaps in the room, no fragrances etc. On the other hand, the towels and bedding does not have any heavy smell (a HUGE bonus). The staff is outstanding in every other way. The restaurant is solid and the Sunday Brunch is outstanding. Other amenities, bar and fitness room are very much on the high end.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Eric M
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

When we entered the hotel it was very updated and chic. We got there around 8:30pm, went to our rooms (which were quite nice and roomy), then went down for dinner. It was only 8:30 and the bar was open but the restaurant was not. After a long drive we really didn't want to go anywhere but fortunately there were tons of restaurants with in walking distance. There was great shopping but they were closed. The beds were comfortable and the amenities were very nice. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and we spent $170 per room which I felt was a little pricy for Columbus, OH. They must be proud for a reason I did not get. They were very nice about giving us a late check out. My roommate is a breast feeding mother and had to pump and store. She does not like to do this in public places so they allowed a later check out so she can be comfortable and store her milk in the fridge provided in the room. Surprised they didn't have a microwave though....

• 4 of 5 stars
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Jonda J,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on our AAA Four Diamond Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we offer. I am also glad that we were able to accommodate your late checkout request. We do take pride in our hotel and always strive to provide an excellence hotel with top level service to all our travelers. We do hope you choose us during your next visit.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Wellston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Always a great place to stay and the beds are awesome! The conference rooms where just right for meetings and plenty of room for all attending. I always enjoy finding new restraunts when traveling and they are close enough to a very good selection of them but not smack dab in the middle of Columbus. Accessability from the highway is easy to get to and no confusion trying to get back on.

Perrysburg, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel was in good location; housekeeping staff lets lots to be desired. Coffee wasn't the best. Air conditioning was noisy. Elevators were slow. There were not enough newspapers available in the lobby.

columbus, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel and room was fantastic but the customer service was disappointing. I'm a diamond member with the hotel. I ordered some things to be in our room upon arrival and was very disappointed when they weren't there when we got there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Jake D
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I would like to take a moment to apologize for the disappointment you felt in regards to our customer service. The team at the hotel really takes pride in delivering excellent service and I regret failing to do so. We will discuss the matter as a team to ensure this does not happen again. I want to thank you again for your feedback and for the chance to improve our level of service.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I found this hotel to be overpriced and of lesser quality than other limited service brands, even Hilton's own Hampton brand. I paid extra for a "suite" which was really two very small rooms separated by a useless and unappealing entry hall. The bedroom if my "suite" was so small that there was barely room to walk around the bed. The bathroom was large, but poorly maintained. The ceiling above the shower was mildewed and the shower head was coming unscrewed. Worst of all, my upstairs neighbors decided to engage in whatever noisy activity they fancied around 1:30 AM, and I could hear EVERYTHING. Very poor construction quality and no sound insulation between floors. I was given a refund when I complained the next morning, so I have no complaints about the manner in which the staff addressed my issues, but they shouldn't have occurred in the first place. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Columbus/Polaris a few times and have found it to be a better value and better experience (Hampton is also a Hilton property).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear cbm3NYC,
I am truly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us. We value the feedback we received from our travelers and use this to identify our strengths and weaknesses. We strive to provide the best quality hotel for our travelers. I am glad to hear that our staff did address your concerns with a complimentary stay. I do hope you give us another opportunity.