“Great Trip”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #9 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I arrived after 11:00 pm and the local walgreens and CVS type stores were closed as well as the shuttle service, so the manager ended his shift then took me in his personal vehicle to the store late at night......... The staff was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I returned to this hotel this weekend. We still love it. Here are the pros and cons based on our experience:

Pros:

~clean room-no b. bugs (stayed in an executive king suite)
~A/C works well (it was 90+ degrees outside)
~excellent food through room service
~quiet
~comfortable bed
~soaking tub for two
~good customer service

Cons:

~we didn't want to leave

This hotel consistently gets it right. We are looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chops1971
Reviewed July 16, 2013

An awesome experience from driving into the Parking Lot to departure! Great Facility - NEW EVERYTHING! Great Decor, Great Food & Drink and plenty of HOT Water. I would give this Hotel an 11 if I could. I will be back for Good Guys in 2014 - I hope you get to be the Lead Host Hotel - You deserve it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everything was perfect about our stay. This is a first class hotel. Excellent rooms, beautiful lobby, and the best workout room and pool I've seen in awhile. We stayed on an upper floor so it was very quiet. We attended both lare night snacks and breakfast in the concierge lounge. The food was fresh, plentiful and good. The staff was very professional and friendly. Best hotel I have stayed at this year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Dan F,
Thank you so much for writing such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I'm so glad you had a perfect stay with us. We value the feedback we receive from our travelers and I will make sure to share your comments with everyone at the hotel. We look forward to your return!

Nancy Howard

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When we want to get away for a day or two, we go to Columbus, OH and stay at "our" hotel, the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. It is easy to get to off of Interstate 71. It is located close to a large mall, many restaurants spanning all price ranges, and several retail stores. The staff is the best in the industry, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The restaurant on site, the Gemini Grille, serves a great breakfast and has an excellent staff, too. We have never had any problems with anything at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My 17year old son and I spent a night here on a trip from Indianapolis to Northeast Ohio. I had to unexpectedly go out of town for my job earlier in the week and we were not able to leave Indy until nearly 8:00 p.m. – too late to complete the drive that we normally do in six hours.

We made our reservation on our smart phone about 90 minutes before we arrived using the Hilton app. As I had a Hilton Honors account with a credit card set up, it was a very easy reservation process. I had scoped out availability and rates and various hotels along our route on Friday morning. I had spent two nights at the Hilton Polaris a few years ago for a conference and had a pleasant experience. The easy access to I-71 on the north side of Columbus was just what we needed.

We had a great experience for our quick one night stay. I had stayed in three different hotels that week and this was the best experience.

Large spacious room with a large work desk and table. Free wifi throughout the hotel. A positive after being hit with wifi fees earlier in the week at other hotels.

High shower head (I am 6-2, son is 6-1 - this is important to us) with plenty of hot water, although a few points off for the low flow shower head.

Room had a refrigerator for our use and a coffee maker. Plenty of drawers and storage space. It would be very easy to spend several nights here.

The room had a safe in the closet.

Parking lot had ample spaces, was very well lit.

We received complimentary breakfast buffet due to our Hilton Honors status. It was a good selection, we were in and out quickly and on our way.

For the weekend the rate at this full service Hilton (with a beautiful lobby and lounge) was in the range of the various “mid-level” hotels around (i.e. Hampton, Courtyard, Cambria, Hyatt Place, etc) and was actually cheaper than some of them. Casual travelers looking for a place to stay off the Interstate should check out the Polaris Hilton.

I am 2 for 2 with great stays here. I usually don't spend the night in Columbus and if I do it is usually after a BlueJackets game and I try to stay near the arena. But this hotel will also be my first choice if I can't get a room downtown for a hockey game.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was amazingly accommodating of our rather raucous wedding group. I called at the last minute to put chocolate covered strawberries in the brides room and they took care of it, no problem. The best part was the shuttle to the airport and nice young man who drove it, Erik. He is a great conversationalist and solidied my great impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Kristen F,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I’m thrilled to hear that you had great time with the wedding party and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure Erik is recognized for his efforts. Please keep us in mind should your travel plans bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard