Hilton Columbus/Polaris
$138
$110
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexecutive floorshopping and restaurantsnorth sidenice hotelfire pitroom serviceexcellent staybreakfast buffetcomfortable bedsconvenient locationeasy accessbusiness tripgreat place to stayhot tubfitness centerfront desk staffshuttle service
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everything was perfect about our stay. This is a first class hotel. Excellent rooms, beautiful lobby, and the best workout room and pool I've seen in awhile. We stayed on an upper floor so it was very quiet. We attended both lare night snacks and breakfast in the concierge lounge. The food was fresh, plentiful and good. The staff was very professional and friendly. Best hotel I have stayed at this year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Dan F,
Thank you so much for writing such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I'm so glad you had a perfect stay with us. We value the feedback we receive from our travelers and I will make sure to share your comments with everyone at the hotel. We look forward to your return!

Nancy Howard

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When we want to get away for a day or two, we go to Columbus, OH and stay at "our" hotel, the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. It is easy to get to off of Interstate 71. It is located close to a large mall, many restaurants spanning all price ranges, and several retail stores. The staff is the best in the industry, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The restaurant on site, the Gemini Grille, serves a great breakfast and has an excellent staff, too. We have never had any problems with anything at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My 17year old son and I spent a night here on a trip from Indianapolis to Northeast Ohio. I had to unexpectedly go out of town for my job earlier in the week and we were not able to leave Indy until nearly 8:00 p.m. – too late to complete the drive that we normally do in six hours.

We made our reservation on our smart phone about 90 minutes before we arrived using the Hilton app. As I had a Hilton Honors account with a credit card set up, it was a very easy reservation process. I had scoped out availability and rates and various hotels along our route on Friday morning. I had spent two nights at the Hilton Polaris a few years ago for a conference and had a pleasant experience. The easy access to I-71 on the north side of Columbus was just what we needed.

We had a great experience for our quick one night stay. I had stayed in three different hotels that week and this was the best experience.

Large spacious room with a large work desk and table. Free wifi throughout the hotel. A positive after being hit with wifi fees earlier in the week at other hotels.

High shower head (I am 6-2, son is 6-1 - this is important to us) with plenty of hot water, although a few points off for the low flow shower head.

Room had a refrigerator for our use and a coffee maker. Plenty of drawers and storage space. It would be very easy to spend several nights here.

The room had a safe in the closet.

Parking lot had ample spaces, was very well lit.

We received complimentary breakfast buffet due to our Hilton Honors status. It was a good selection, we were in and out quickly and on our way.

For the weekend the rate at this full service Hilton (with a beautiful lobby and lounge) was in the range of the various “mid-level” hotels around (i.e. Hampton, Courtyard, Cambria, Hyatt Place, etc) and was actually cheaper than some of them. Casual travelers looking for a place to stay off the Interstate should check out the Polaris Hilton.

I am 2 for 2 with great stays here. I usually don't spend the night in Columbus and if I do it is usually after a BlueJackets game and I try to stay near the arena. But this hotel will also be my first choice if I can't get a room downtown for a hockey game.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was amazingly accommodating of our rather raucous wedding group. I called at the last minute to put chocolate covered strawberries in the brides room and they took care of it, no problem. The best part was the shuttle to the airport and nice young man who drove it, Erik. He is a great conversationalist and solidied my great impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Kristen F,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I’m thrilled to hear that you had great time with the wedding party and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure Erik is recognized for his efforts. Please keep us in mind should your travel plans bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Polaris Hilton is well appointed and located near all major transportation routes and dining/mall shopping areas. The Hotel staff and food quality are well above average. The rooms are well appointed, fresh and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business