My 17year old son and I spent a night here on a trip from Indianapolis to Northeast Ohio. I had to unexpectedly go out of town for my job earlier in the week and we were not able to leave Indy until nearly 8:00 p.m. – too late to complete the drive that we normally do in six hours.
We made our reservation on our smart phone about 90 minutes before we arrived using the Hilton app. As I had a Hilton Honors account with a credit card set up, it was a very easy reservation process. I had scoped out availability and rates and various hotels along our route on Friday morning. I had spent two nights at the Hilton Polaris a few years ago for a conference and had a pleasant experience. The easy access to I-71 on the north side of Columbus was just what we needed.
We had a great experience for our quick one night stay. I had stayed in three different hotels that week and this was the best experience.
Large spacious room with a large work desk and table. Free wifi throughout the hotel. A positive after being hit with wifi fees earlier in the week at other hotels.
High shower head (I am 6-2, son is 6-1 - this is important to us) with plenty of hot water, although a few points off for the low flow shower head.
Room had a refrigerator for our use and a coffee maker. Plenty of drawers and storage space. It would be very easy to spend several nights here.
The room had a safe in the closet.
Parking lot had ample spaces, was very well lit.
We received complimentary breakfast buffet due to our Hilton Honors status. It was a good selection, we were in and out quickly and on our way.
For the weekend the rate at this full service Hilton (with a beautiful lobby and lounge) was in the range of the various “mid-level” hotels around (i.e. Hampton, Courtyard, Cambria, Hyatt Place, etc) and was actually cheaper than some of them. Casual travelers looking for a place to stay off the Interstate should check out the Polaris Hilton.
I am 2 for 2 with great stays here. I usually don't spend the night in Columbus and if I do it is usually after a BlueJackets game and I try to stay near the arena. But this hotel will also be my first choice if I can't get a room downtown for a hockey game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the thriving Polaris Centers of Commerce, the AAA Four Diamond Hilton Columbus/Polaris hotel offers an elegant stay in an excellent location. Just off Interstate 71 and featuring a complimentary shuttle to and from Port Columbus International Airport (CMH), this Columbus, OH hotel is ideally located near transportation links. The shuttle is available 6:00am to 10:30pm Monday through Friday and 7:00am to 10:00pm on weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Columbus/Polaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris Hotel Columbus
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris Ohio