“Great Place”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #9 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was a great place to stay in. We only stayed one night, but were very pleased with the hotel. It was not noisy at all and I believe the hotel was pretty full. Check-in was extremely fast and the service was wonderful. We ate breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and the food was really good for hotel food! My fiance even commented to the waitress how good the food tasted - which is pretty impressive for him to do. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I went up for a little getaway weekend and we were joined by two other couples. We chose this location due to everything around it. The staff was very nice and helpful in getting us checked in. The room had plenty of space and was very clean. We had the courtesy van drive us to dinner at BJ'S Brewhouse and called for a ride back. They were very prompt in getting us there and back. The drivers we had were good guys. We came back and had a nightcap at the hotel bar. Very enjoyable experience. Would definitely return to this Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear KC Chiefs D,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your couple's getaway weekend. On your next visit may I suggest a visit to the Papillon Day Spa located inside our hotel. I know they offer couples massages. We look forward to your return!

Nancy Howard

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at the Hilton - Polaris in Columbus Ohio. The hotel is placed in a very convenient location surrounded by dozens of restaurants and a large shopping mall. Access in and out of the hotel was easy. A huge plus for me was the nearby Highbanks Metro Park which has many miles of gravel and asphalt running trails. The park trails are large and feel very safe....it made for some excellent runs after work every day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice place - plenty of shopping & dining very close by - great staff. Only negative was very dry air in room and rest of facility. Extremely nice employees. This is my location of choice when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The beds were very comfortable and rooms were very nice. I really love the shower only rooms, great bathrooms. My new favorite place to stay in Columbus. My only complaint, is I ordered wings at the bar, which were great, except after the 3rd wing I pulled a long dark hair out of my mouth! I have short hair and the bartender had lighter hair. The service was great though, they obviously took off bill. I am not holding that against the rating of the hotel, more against the restaurant, probably won't eat there in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Rugdoctor,
I would like to apologize that we did not live up to your expectations as far as our excellent food quality at our hotel. I am glad to hear that the situation was addressed immediately and corrective action was taken. I do hope you give us another opportunity should you return to our hotel because we do take pride in providing excellent service, food and accommodations.

Nancy Howard

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed two nights, April 26 and 27 at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. My 11 year old son's soccer team was playing in a tournament in Columbus. We arrived around 2:30 on Friday afternoon and were warmly welcomed by the front desk staff. We were able to check in even though we were a little early without any problem. Our room was extremely comfortable--I wish my bed at home was this comfortable! and very clean. I was easily able to keep the temperature in our room comfortable by a thermostat on the wall. What was very noticeable to me was how gracious the staff at the hotel was throughout our stay. We were able to hang out in the beautiful lobby and the bartender was very kind and gave the boys ice water Saturday evening. There is an outdoor patio surrounded by blossoming bushes that smelled wonderful. We brought carry out for lunch on Saturday and enjoyed sitting out there. The swimming pool was big enough and very clean with clean towels even though there were lots of guests swimming. We went to the restaurant Sunday morning and really enjoyed the breakfast bar. Some of the other moms had eaten in the restaurant Friday evening and really enjoyed it. I definitely would stay there again and would recommend it to friends and family. The area has just about anything you would want in terms of restaurants and shopping too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed one night at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris in April, 2013 to go to a Blue Jackets game downtown and to attend a meeting in the Polaris mall. As long as you don't mind being about 20 minutes outside of downtown, the hotel is an excellent choice and I would highly recommend it.

We arrived about 4:00 on a Saturday and were quickly and efficiently checked in. It was not an overly crowded night at the hotel, so we were placed on a club floor even though we didn't book that class of room. The room itself was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've seen in a while. While it was a single room, it was huge. It easily fit a king-sized bed, three-person sofa, work desk, coffee table/footrest, end tables, and another random table just for good measure. It also included a fridge (nice touch) and coffee maker. The room was also spotless on our arrival -- again, very impressive. The bed was a little on the firm end, but comfortable enough. My only complaint would be the soundproofing. We could hear just about everything that went on in the hallway. Fortunately, it didn't seem to be a very busy night, so we weren't disturbed often, but I could see it being a problem for light sleepers.

The hotel boasts a full set of amenities that are pleasant surprises for its location. We visited the bar for drinks after the game and were thoroughly impressed. The space itself is attractive and well-designed, the bartenders made good, stiff drinks, and the bar listed a few original cocktails that looked to be quite good even though we didn't partake of those. The fitness center is large, bright, and modern with a lot of workout choices. We didn't eat at the restaurant or get to visit the spa, but both looked very nice.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, from the desk clerk who happily arranged late check-out so I could wait during my wife's meeting to the bartender who was handling a full house quickly all by herself. Any staff member we passed by stopped to say something friendly and seemed genuinely interested in our stay.

The hotel's location is great if you're going to Polaris mall or if you need an easy off and on from I-71. It's right across the street from the mall and visible from the highway. However, you are still well outside of downtown Columbus, and you'll need to drive if you want to go down there.

Again, we had a great stay at the Hilton and would happily come back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple