“Fantastic place to stay. Great Staff!”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is warm and inviting. The staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. We were staying here for a wedding that was off location and they worked well with us to shuttle us there and back. The bar in the hotel has a great happy hour and wonderful cocktail list. Beth the late night bartender was very friendly and attentive. Overall we had a fantastic experience. We will be definitely stay here again when we are in town.

• Stayed: April 2013
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear KevinD17,
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay while attending a wedding nearby. I will make sure to recognize Beth during our staff meeting as well as referencing your review so that everyone knows that they are making a difference in our guest's stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, modern, clean. I really can't say enough about how nice it is. The furniture looks new. The staff is very nice. The food in Gemini was great too. My only complaint was the VERY STRONG smelling cleaning products. I was at the hotel with a large group and everyone couldn't help but wonder what they were trying to hide. I would stay here again, but I would call ahead to ask for a room that does not have the strong disinfectant smell. If you have bad allergies or asthma you won't be able to breath. The area around the hotel is very nice. There are many great restaurants, a mall, and many other shops. Traffic from this hotel to the Dublin area was very light at 7AM M-F.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was looking forward to a posh experience at this well know hotel and although the service was great. The room wasn't as clean as it could have been and the heat exchange was very loud when turned on so my sleep was interrupted because my bed was right next to it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The location to the mall is wonderful, I recommend going over to the Cheesecake Factory if you want a wonderful dinner! The property is wonderful, large hotel! The spacing is great and the rooms are spacious and comfortable! you cannot beat the Hilton beds!

I didn't spend much time here, but when I return again, I will!
I want to try out all of the wonderful amenities!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear AChipperTamper,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I do hope you get another opportunity to return to our hotel so that you can enjoy some of our wonderful amenities. We have the Gemini Grille which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. We also have the Bar@8700 and the Patio@8700 where you can enjoy a beverage or some of our traditional bar food. Also, you should make time to visit the Papillon Day Spa located inside our hotel. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stylish, standard Hilton design with a few nice touches (particularly nice bar and spa). Location is excellent near Polaris (a primary business and shopping hub). Staff are friendly and attentive, and rooms are spacious and very clean. The executive level is particularly well served with rooms that have extra high ceilings and a great lounge.

Room Tip: To avoid I-71 views, ask for rooms facing Polaris mall.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Real pro's and con's. Bright,spacious and airy ballroom meeting space. Had boxed lunches one day and hot buffet another: both were excellent and service by the wait staff was very attentive. Other hotel staff at front desk, bar and concession were equally good. Bar 8700 lounge very attractive with plenty of comfy arm chairs, decent happy hour prices and good pours. However I found Gemini Grill very disappointing. Good lobster bisque with plenty of lobster bits and pleasant sherry flavoring. Unfortunately the ribeye sliders on onion rolls were a bust. Rolls no better than right off the shelf at Kroger's with nary an onion bit in sight. When the check arrived they were listed as bacon ribeye sliders, but no bacon either. The three grey cookie cutter lumps inside reminded me of the ubiquitous "mystery meat" from high school cafeteria. Flavorless with a goop of cheese stuff. The service was amateurish. The server put down my soup and said the sliders were coming right out,too so she'd be right back. I guessed both items came right out of the freezer and into the microwave. This was especially poor in comparison with the steak sliders I had the next night just a couple minutes away at Mitchell's Steakhouse, accompanied by thoroughly professional staff. I really have no idea how there could be such disparity among food operations within the same hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed one night and the check in was fast and easy as well as the check out. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Our room was spacious and spotless. Loved everything about it. The bar was right off from the front desk and was very nice. The entry into the hotel made you feel welcome. When we got there we could not find a place to park out front but there was plenty of parking in the rear of the hotel. There was a door to come in from the lot also which made access easier.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank b_mosholder
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear b_mosholder,
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. I do hope you return to our hotel should your travel plans bring you back to Columbus, OH.