“Good rate, close to I-71” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Columbus/Polaris

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #11 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Rome, New York
“Good rate, close to I-71”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for the night while traveling. The room was clean and comfortable. One major plus for us, was the convenient location off of I-71. The rate we paid, $109, was the same or less than many of the other hotels in the area. Note that there is no free continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is now 4 years old, but Christmas Eve was our first time to stay there. The hotel was only about a third full, so it was nice and quiet. Friendly staff at check in. Nice big lobby with a fireplace - good first impression.

There are no guest rooms on the first floor, but the elevators are smooth and fast. The room itself was good sized, with a mini fridge, desk, loveseat and coffee table. The bathroom was all in one (sink/shower/toilet in same room), which I don't prefer, but I guess they do that for noise sake if someone is trying to sleep while another gets ready. No bathtub, which disappointed me too since I was planning on shaving my legs. No seat in the shower either which would've helped. Nice bath products though. Towels are big (smaller is better in my opinion!), but soft.
The bed was comfortable and they had plenty of pillows. The heating unit makes noise when it cycles on and off, but it didn't wake us up. Since the hotel wasn't full, we had a quiet nights sleep.
Breakfast on Christmas morning was decent. I chose the wheat French toast and sausage. Toast was great...came with some fresh strawberries and blueberries. I'm used to turkey sausage, so the regular sausage they had was a bit greasy for my tastes. Service was cheerful and efficient.

Christmas Eve, we took advantage of the free shuttle to catch a ride to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House for my birthday dinner. Mike, our driver, was friendly and full of information about the hotel and the area. We used to stay in the hotels near Ruth's Chris, but knowing that we can get a shuttle from the Hilton, we prefer to stay closer to Polaris Fashion Mall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ilive4sun
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear ilive4sun,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. We truly appreciate all the feedback you have provided about your stay. If you should return to the Columbus area, please ask for a Queen/Queen room so that you can enjoy the tub/shower that is provided in this room type only.

Nancy Howard
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

It may be more expensive than some others, but the Hilton is worth it. Clean rooms, great staff and a Precor gym. All my needs are meant in the numerous times I have stayed here. They also have a nice lounge and good resturant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel and very close to the Polaris mall. The service was wonderful and the complimentary breakfast was great. The pool and hot tub were clean and well kept. I would stay here again the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding over in Westerville. The staff, service and new Hilton Hotel facility genuinely impressed me. So much so I reactivated my Hilton Honors card. Bedrooms well appointed, clean and extremely quiet. Bell Hop quickly found the AMEX card I left in business center and rushed it up to my room. Convenient location; next to Polaris Mall and inummerable excellent restaurants. Hotel breakfast buffet; excellent service & food quality.

If you have free time, it is a 15 minute drive over to Highbanks Park. Excellent jogging/walking trails. At the overlook on "Overlook Trail" you can watch Bald Eagles fish the Olentangy River.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Had to carry my uncle home this weekend and after a 10+ hour ride was totally looking forward t grabbing something to eat & a semi cozy bed. Luckily for the BF & myself, several of the hotels in the area were all booked up and it was fate I tell you - FATE.

When I found out that the Hilton had a room available - I was honestly expecting to pay have to pay a fortune, but it was literally $10 more than the down the street. After we checked in (super quick thanks to Josh), we went up to the room to drop off our overnight bag and let me tell you. The bed was abso amazing - big fluffy comforter, amazing number of pillows, sheets that felt like a cloud; the shower was about the most incrediable thing I've ever felt - heated up quickly & the pressure was AMAZING.

I simply must say splurge on getting a room at this hotel, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We enjoyed the Hilton due to its location, cleanliness, and the breakfast bar. Overall our stay was enjoyable. The pool tile is extremely slick and there should be mats or traction. The pool was nice but other patrons were not watching their own children. We were there over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was busy due to shoppers and OSU football.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family