“Great location, nice room, best value”
Review of German Village Inn

German Village Inn
Ranked #103 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I travel to Columbus at least once each year, sometimes more. While there we always visit German Village and go to Schmidt's Sausage Haus, the Book Loft and the Bluegrass Music Store. The German Village Inn is near all the local attractions. We stayed there last month for two nights. Off street parking, quiet at night. Clean room with HD TV, new mattresses and shower, microwave, refrigerator, etc, etc. A restful stay at about half the price of other hotels/motels in the area. We hope to spend at least one night in Columbus next week. If so, we'll stay at the German Village Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John E
There are newer reviews for German Village Inn

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here two nights. The room was a little larger than average, and had a widescreen digital TV, microwave, and refrigerator. There are two sinks. The motel is just south of downtown and next to the German Village historic district. One thing of note: there was a lot of noise in the parking area outside of the rooms until around midnight both nights; probably people coming back from partying. Also, the carpet in our room was quite dirty and needs cleaning. Overall, a good and safe place to stay near a lot of attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DennisKC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My best friend from out of state was staying here for five days. I came into town to spend one night with her and she suggested I bring my own towels. I heard a lot of ridicule from other friends about that, but I did bring my own and was glad i did. the towels they provide are very thin and flimsy. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I did not like the way it is laid out where if you open your curtains anyone can just walk by and look in. consequently, the room is pretty dark most of the time. But there was a refrigerator, a microwave, a round table large enough to work at with two chairs, a desk, a coffee maker, and a large counter with several drawers. There was a nice flat screen tv and a dressing area with a mirror outside the bathroom, which makes it very convenient when two ladies are sharing a room. Overall, I found this hotel to be comfortable and close to everything in German Village. It was quiet at night except for the occasional train rumbling by. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bbroown3333
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Me and my daughter travel to Columbus very frequently for Cheer Competitions and we always book our stays here. The breakfast isn't great, we always bring our own food. They accommodate you with a frig and microwave. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly. They have been updating the rooms. Plus for the price you can't beat it. Internet is slow. Overall I will continue to give them my business..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you are looking for granite and chandeliers
this isn't the hotel for you.
German Village Inn was half the cost of
other chain hotels in the area for the
weekend I stayed. Hotel room and the
hotel itself looks like it was updated
recently. Nice, clean, quiet rooms.
Free, plentiful parking. Several bars, restaurants
next door. I will definately consider German
Village Inn again when i'm looking for a hotel
near the downtown Columbus area.
They do offer breakfast but we left very early.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TAYTREV
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The German Village Inn when we went to the Ohio State vs. Nebraska football game. Our room was ready when we arrived; it was clean and spacious enough for our purposes. There were restaurants and bars in walking distance. Jimmy V's right next door served a dynamite breakfast at a reasonable price! The hotel was a very good value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lots of undesirables staying here! While here for one week for work i got to see working girls come and go! I also was standing in the office one day while the manager rented some rooms for $40 for four hours! The whole time i stayed here I never once saw the maids wash a comforter! The staff was super nice! The location was fantastic! I am aware that senators stay here! But this place is not for families!

• Stayed: July 2012