“Dining”

Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs
Ranked #43 of 148 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's first Racino, Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs offers over 2,200 of the world's hottest games in a 120,000 square foot facility that NEVER CLOSES! Enjoy live harness horse racing every May - September and simulcast wagering year-round. We've been bringing harness racing to the community for 58 years! Looking for evening entertainment? Visit the Veil Bar, in the center of the gaming action, or Brew Brothers, featuring meals, music and microbrews every Friday and Saturday night for live local and regional bands. Visit our website to see what national entertainment we have every Spring/Summer live on our racetrack.If you are hungry you can visit one of the many dining venues at Eldorado Scioto Downs. Enjoy the Dash Cafe for a quick lunch, or take in the 7 station Grove Buffet for dinner. Want a dining venue where you can see all the live harness racing? Make a reservation in the Clubhouse which puts you in front of the racing action with an upper scale experience.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Columbus, Ohio, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dining”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Do not try and get hot sandwiches on a busy night. If you want hot food stick with pizza and fries. They were overwhelmed and understaffed. Poor planning on managements part. I will not eat there again.
Alma Allen

1 Thank AlmaAllen

Lebanon, OH
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Been watching races here my whole life.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Without the casino this place would probably have closed. I have been involved in harness racing my whole life. It was sad to come to the races here a few years ago. I even shed a tear because it was a ghost town compared to my childhood. Regardless the casinos have saved harness racing in Ohio finally. This has always been "Ohio's showplace of racing." It still is exciting but I am partial of course. Regardless, check this place out. Bring your kids/family or just as a couple and watch the races then go into the casino if you wish (without kids). You get a $25 credit for signing up for the player's card. The racing side is coming back slowly but surely. We sat on the patio where they will wait on you. The food was decent for a sports bar atmosphere. Service was good for drinks but kinda slow for food. It was a nice relaxing evening at the races none the less. Plus, I won all kinds of money at the track and casino which was just icing on the cake for me and my wife's little getaway.

2 Thank Joby1only
“Nice place!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

After reading many reviews was worried that it would not be a great trip.I must say the place was surprisingly nice.Buffet and service was great the day we went their. Was told they had just hired a true Asian Chef and that the staff was being pushed to improve. We were treated very kind. The machines were pretty much the same as most of the Casino's we have been to.Wife is coming home a winner and very close go even. So I would consider that a win.Talked to Vice President of Operations who was standing outside the Main entrance. Very cordial and Professional! Thanked him for a Great first trip to Scioto. Will definately return!

Fredericktown, Ohio
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been to Scioto Downs both before it was converted into a racino and after. While I believe it was a great place before the casino, I think the casino really helped the place draw in new people and clientele. The Clubhouse is now packed and only seats for dinner on Fri & Saturdays if you have a reservation. They had what looked to be a 2 1/2 hr waiting list for people wanting to eat there when were there tonight.

The casino is large and we found it hard to find certain slots $ that we were wanting. However they seem to have the $1+ slots separated from the $.01 and $.25 ones which helped. If you are new to the racino they sign you up and let you spin an electronic wheel that gives you anywhere from $5-$1000 dollars to play with. We each received $10 which we thought was a nice deal. There are plenty of places to eat/drink inside the casino as well. But its mostly a buffet in terms of food. Plenty of alcohol however!

Overall the races and the casino are a fun night out if you are looking for something to do and the staff is friendly and helpful when compared to other casinos.

1 Thank Meagan E
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Reservations voicemail...”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I called to get reservations at the Clubhouse. I got a voicemail. Not good. When I call a restaurant to make reservations, I expect to be able to complete the transaction.

4 Thank Lee P
Ashley R, Manager at Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I want to start off by apologizing for your frustrations with receiving a voicemail when you called to make a reservation in the Clubhouse. I also wanted to follow up and see if your voicemail was ever returned so I can address the issue accordingly with our reservationist. We strive to provide excellent customer service and are disappointed to hear when something falls through the cracks. There could be 2 reasons why you received a voicemail. Either the reservationist was on another call, or due to the limited hours the Clubhouse is open (seasonally, May - September during racing and only on race nights Wednesdays-Saturdays) the reservationist was simply not available at the time you called, but she is typically great at returning voicemails. Certainly we understand that our patrons feel more comfortable speaking with a person live so again we apologize for any inconvenience and I hope your call was quickly returned. Thank you and we hope you will return to the Clubhouse for a live race night.