“Cafe at Scioto Downs”

Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs
Ranked #63 of 163 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's first Racino, Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs offers over 2,200 of the world's hottest games in a 120,000 square foot facility that NEVER CLOSES! Enjoy live harness horse racing every May - September and simulcast wagering year-round. We've been bringing harness racing to the community for 58 years! Looking for evening entertainment? Visit the Veil Bar, in the center of the gaming action, or Brew Brothers, featuring meals, music and microbrews every Friday and Saturday night for live local and regional bands. Visit our website to see what national entertainment we have every Spring/Summer live on our racetrack.If you are hungry you can visit one of the many dining venues at Eldorado Scioto Downs. Enjoy the Dash Cafe for a quick lunch, or take in the 7 station Grove Buffet for dinner. Want a dining venue where you can see all the live harness racing? Make a reservation in the Clubhouse which puts you in front of the racing action with an upper scale experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 15, 2012

After reading a few reviews, I was leary of trying the new buffet at the Scioto Downs. Four of us ages 58-80 ate on Wed. August 15, While a couple items were not real hot the food was rather pleasant. The salad bar could use some access improvement for reaching the items, but was delicious. Dessert was delicous. Staff very nice. We tried a variety of foods and had no problem. We ate an hour after it opened. Wed. is senior discount day for $9.99 which was a plus. The casino itself is gorgeous. We had more fun than at the new Toledo casino. Plus, comments about tight machines. I played pennies at 80 cents a pop and took home an extra $100. My cousin played Quick Hit penny slot and won clost to $800. We were happy and will most definitely go back. Go Columbus

1  Thank raejae_12
in 8 reviews
"betting"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Went to the casino for the first time last night. Decided to try the new buffet. What a great big disappointment. The salad bar is set up so weird, that you almost have to stick half your body under the cover in order to get to the items in the back. Wait let me tell you more. The so called buffet was definately nothing to brag abouit. Food was luke warm, and I tried many items from the buffet, thinking that maybe I was just being to picky, but I can honestly say that I wasn't. After tasting many of the items, I decided that I had had enough. The only thing on the whole entire bar, that had any kind of good flavor to it was the pizza. Big disappointment. I could of gotten a better meal at a fast food resturant, at least it would of been hot and had good flavor. Way over priced too. They should be arrested for charging that price for what they call good food, Save your money. The only bright spot was the fact that I won back almost all of the money that I spent trying to eat what they consider good food.

6  Thank Michael B
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was the first time to visit Scioto Downs to check out the slot machines. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff. The free beverage stations had soft drinks and coffee (with big cups), which was really nice. A couple of the guest services staff were unable to answer a few questions that we had about their promotions. I think they need to do some more training for guest services employees. The beverage servers were prompt. A slot machine that I was playing on went down while I was in the middle of a bonus round (one of the few I saw on a machine there). The attendant who came to help me said some of the machines were having trouble staying up and running due to being connected to a central "server." I am not sure what that meant. I did get back all the money I was entitled to. I have never seen slots so tight!!! I can understand when you don't get a bonus with every machine you play, but to not even get a line hit after putting $10 in a machine is totally depressing! I don't expect to always win, but to repeatedly play with few line hits is awful! We will probably return once to see if the machines are looser, but I think we will try the new Hollywood Casino first. We have been to several casinos in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, MIchigan, and Indiana and this casino has the tightest slots of them all. The facility is new, so I would expect it to be clean. Hopefully I will write a super review after my next visit there.

5  Thank syljef
Reviewed July 30, 2012

When traveling alone i do enjoy visiting different casinos - though not much of a gambler they are a nice place to people watch! This was extremely crowded for a Thursday night...all state lottery owned, slots where slots, no video poker (keno slots at bar), and no tables. That being said, the place is very nice condition & would recommend stopping in for a bit if nothing else to do. DO NOT PLAN ON WINNING! Watched lots play in different for 2 or so hours and zero major winners and very very little small wins...think lottery odd's!

2  Thank luvscigars