“Informative and interactive”

Ohio History Center
Ranked #20 of 120 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: The history of Ohio from the Ice Age to the present is chronicled inside this architecturally interesting concrete and glass structure, housing a vast collection of artifacts, exhibits on everything from ancient Indian cultures to industrial progress and archives documenting early settlers' daily lives.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I enjoy the Ohio Historical Society and the Ohio Village. (I got married in the Ohio Village Chapel!) They work hard to bring exhibits that are thought provoking and interactive. I recently enjoyed their controversy 2 exhibit as well as a our histories exhibit in which I got to play around on the full site of ancestry.com and learn about the personal stories that make up our nations history. These are in addition to all of the Ohio history exhibits and collections that are there year round. They were still putting together a 1950's exhibit that was not open yet, but appears to be a fantastic exhibit that I will have to come back and see. In years past they have had the 1860's village had been opened less, but the website indicates it is open more frequently than it has been in years. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Fabulous gift shop. I would highly recommend.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"mastodon"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Rain cancelled outdoor plans for my husband and I so we decided to check out the Ohio Historical Museaum. The Centuries of Change area was great... I never knew so much had been made in Ohio and there was a great variety of exhibits. The Village was also really interesting and the staff had a lot of knowledge. The 50's Exhibit was coming soon and we're hoping to get back to check it out! It was a fun place to learn about some Ohio history and somewhere I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys history at all!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I spent most of my time at Ohio Village. I wasn't able to stay the whole day but I bet I could have if I would have gotten there before 2pm. Both were great and the staff was very nice. The place was very clean to. :)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We love our OHC membership. Changing displays and special events make it worth the price. Neat gift shop with Ohio items. Interesting camps for kids in the summer and events for families (and adults) all year round.

1  Thank cbj401