“A great place for kids of all ages!”

Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
Ranked #20 of 161 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as "COSI," this enormously popular attraction offers all sorts of hands-on exhibits, from conducting your own water experiments to creating a newscast to watching yourself age. Three movie theaters provide enough entertainment variety for the whole family.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I took my two grandchildren, ages 15 months and 3 years. I had never even been into downtown Columbus, but the trip went well. There is a special floor for the little ones that has tons of very creative play areas. Their favorite was the water area, so take a change of clothes. There were lots of hands-on scientific exhibits for older children as well. The cafeteria was a little pricey, but the food was good. I loved the "Progress" exhibit, which showed life in an American town through the ages. There is definitely something for everyone!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)
All reviews
"whole family"
in 37 reviews
"great exhibits"

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I took my kids to COSI years ago, now I take the grand kids. There is the Kid Space for toddlers to have loads of fun. Now they are loving the place under the sea where they can go in a submarine or the Gadgets place for the eight year old boy to build things. Lately I went with a bunch of women to view the Sherlock Holmes exhibit. We liked it a lot but I doubt if it would appeal to kids. And I'm so glad we went on a week day since these types of attractions can get way too crowded.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Always loved cosi, you dont even realize your learning...they make it interactive and fun. I could get lost in here forever.

1  Thank crystal t
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I absolutely LOVED the old COSI when I was a child - let's be honest, it was the BEST field trip, and the one we most looked forward to, even moreso than the zoo. I never made it to the new COSI until after we had our son. While I do miss the quirkiness of the old COSI, and some of the exhibits (the planetarium, the coal mine), the new COSI is still a great place for children. Our son is 3 1/2, and we've been twice - the first time when he was 2 1/2, and more recently this past November. He definitely enjoyed it more this time around. He's older and more able to handle the hands-on exhibits. The Little Kidspace is an excellent area for little ones, and he loves the Ocean exhibit, and the Gadgets area. He could care less about the Progress exhibit, but it's a fun stroll through for mommy and daddy.

I know a lot of people have complained about the pricing, but it's very similar to other museums. And remember - many museums depend on the city for funding, so if a proposed tax levy fails, the museum has to come up with the money somewhere.

Long story short - we love COSI, we will continue to bring our son as long as he is still interested.