“Very enjoyable visit”
Review of Ohio Statehouse

Ohio Statehouse
Ranked #9 of 157 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Capitol building of Ohio.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I work downtown so I stop in at the state house every now and again. It is definitely worth the visit if you have not been there yet. They have a really nice restaurant in the building. The history alone makes it worth the trip. Often they have a special exhibit in the rotunda. The last time I visited they had an exhibit by Mr. Etch-A-Sketch - he has done a picture of every president. Pretty amazing to see!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was on the area and stopped by the Statehouse, just to see how it compared to my homestate's capital in Charleston, WV. Although I like the looks of our Cass Gilbert design, what made the Ohio Statehouse great were the friendly people and the knowledgeable tour guides. I don't think we have that in West Virginia, but should -- the brief tour was very informative, very interesting, and fun. It would be a great place to take a family if you're in the area. Well done, Ohio!

1  Thank GAWilliams
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Hats off to the tour guide on 10/26/12 at 3p. He was very knowledgeable and interacted very well with children. Great tour! We did go back to see the Senate chamber after the tour. We also enjoyed the grounds on our own after the tour.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nice museum, gift shop, interesting architecture, rotunda is nice to look up at. Interesting to meander the building and remember all the good things that Ohio is known for.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had the chance to visit the Statehouse on my way through Ohio. As far as Capitol buildings go, this is one of the nicest most exquisite I have had the opportunity to see. The building itself is absolutely stunning--it reminded me of being in a European Chateau. One thing I really liked about the Statehouse was the audio tour that was available through the gift shop. It provided a way to learn more about the things of interest to you in the building without relying on a guide. Also, the grounds of the Statehouse are breathtaking. Do not miss the veteran's memorial--it consists of letters carved in stone from various different wars throughout our history. It was very moving! I would highly recommend visiting the Statehouse!

1  Thank Natnik99