“Uneven, but interesting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Creek Bistro

Black Creek Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Creek Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 2,214 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Uneven, but interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Four of us went to black Creek Bistro for dinner last Friday. Our server was excellent and patient, and considering how picky three of us are, that was a good thing. Our drinks came promptly, and all questions were answered honestly. Judy went with the crab cakes appetizer as her meal and said it was lovely. My mom had the scallops, which were extremely well prepared. I started with an order of the vegan chili, which is fine, but some had a too heavy hand with the cinnamon or allspice, followed by the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and service with an arugula pesto, which was excellent. Matt, put off by the prices, ordered the house pasta dish, which was boring, watery, and had what seemed to be an entire head of raw garlic stirred through it. They redeemed themselves on Matt's dessert, which was the tres leches cake, beautifully done. I had the butterscotch pudding, made with real butter and real scotch. Mom had a nicely prepared creme brule, and Judy opted for the chili pepper & chocolate cake, which was really more of a brownie, but was lovely.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Port Perry, On
“Wonderful Local Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This bistro has a great local feel. Our server was very good and the menu was very well balanced with lots of choices. We had good meals and enjoyed their policy of corking your leftover wine to take back to our B & B.

Visited April 2014
Westerville, Ohio
“Quaint Little Spot in Old Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a quaint little spot in Old Town, a section of Columbus that I hadn't really been to before. The atmosphere, while noisy, is like something you find in New York or Boston. We all enjoyed our food selections and the service was excellent. ( I didn't care for the bartender crashing bottles into the trash; I jumped a foot every time.) I've already recommended it to others.

• Visited March 2014
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We visited the restaurant on a Saturday evening and my husband and I bother ordered steaks. Our meals came out and my husbands was fine but mine was all fat and I couldn't even cut it with the steak knife. I told the waiter that I couldn't eat it and so he brought me a salad and took the steak off our bill. The salad he brought me had a small sprinkle of cheese, caesar dressing and very little lettuce with 2 croutons. We got our bill and I got charged $7 for the tiny salad. No one ever came over to even apologize about my steak and no manager ever came to our table. So I spent my Saturday evening out eating a terrible small salad. No one seemed to care to make the situation right.

• Visited March 2014
New York
“Black Creek Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fresh food, friendly staff and quaint spot. Easy parking across the street. Nice wine selection and food that is well prepared and tasty. Attentive staff.

Great on a weekday when it is quite and intimate.

Visited November 2013