“Nice but not the best.”

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #1,487 of 2,275 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were advised to try this place out from our hotel. the usual Japanese steak house with sushi and the like. Portions were big but flavor was nothing out to the ordinary. Overall decent value for the money.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Wow wow wow. Excelent place food & atmosphere, my first time on a place like this. Meaning they prepare the food in front of you. The chef was professional obviously he knew wat he was doing. I Was impress by the service & the food, ""the Only thing is"" if you go on a small group of 4 or less you get to seat with someone else, someone you Never meet before or Ever see Again,the tables seat 7 people & they Want To Start cooking until they Get At leas 4 or more

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We took our children here as a treat before school started. We hadn't been to a hibachi style japanese steakhouse in a while and had read many reviews of the ones in Columbus. This one was located close to Easton, which is where we were staying. The restaurant was clean and decorated nicely. We were greeted and seated immediately and then had our orders taken by a not-so-friendly employee. He then sent our chef over to prepare our meals. We enjoyed the onion soup, however never recieved the salad that was supposedly included with our main entree purchase. We also ordered sushi- it was presented well and tasted very good. The meal itself was good (not great). We ordered chicken, shrimp, veggies, and beef. Several in our group ordered fried rice while the rest had the standard white. The kids were entertained briefly, but we weren't overly impressed by any talent showed in preparing the meal. We were given a few shrimp off the grill right before our meal (that fulfilled the shrimp appetized mentioned on the menu). The meal was very filling and most of us had trouble cleaning our plate. In all, I would probably return to this restaurant if in the area and looking for this type of food. They didn't have any major flaws, but just didn't overly impress either (especially for the price).

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Very clean, nice, reasonably priced, good food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I was so excited to go eat at Kobe this past Monday evening, 9/1/08! The service was okay, food tasted good...until I got home. Immediately upon my arrival home, I ended up getting sick w/food poisoning. I stuck thru the pains until yesterday, 9/3, when I couldn't bear it any longer....I had to go to Urgent Care due to severe abdominal pain and other not to mention other unpleasant side effects.
I would not go back to this place. My boyfriend and I's meal including 2 drinks each was $100.00. Then to top it off, a & $75.00 copay to Urgent Care. Upon reading other reviews, others have been sick as well. Use caution and / or go to another restaurant.