All reviews ohio state olentangy river road schottenstein center bob evans great hotel king suite shuttle service breakfast staff room was clean complimentary breakfast the breakfast area would definitely stay here again easy access up to date excellent stay front desk staff fresh fruit
Reviewed November 16, 2017

I was in Columbus on business, downtown hotels were too expensive.

This is a very nice very new hotel, it is convenient to downtown & the convention center. Great staff, very clean hotel. It is also very near to The Ohio State University.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KatrinLM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Thank you so much for your nice feedback about the hotel Mr. James! I really appreciate your high scores and I'm so glad you loved your stay with us. Once again thank you for rating us highly and we're all looking forward to seeing you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Looking for a great hotel in Columbus, OH. then Hampton Inn is your only choice. Stayed here 5X in last 2 yrs and always delivered a warm and professional experience. Entire staff was welcoming and always friendly. Wonderful hotel

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your nice feedback! I'm so glad we always meet your expectations and we really appreciate rating us so highly! Once again thank you and we're all looking forward to seeing you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night in early November for a doctor's appointment, and overall from start to end, our stay could of been so much better. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk was unfriendly, but gave us our keys to my favorite room in the hotel, since we mobile checked in. (Room 718 a room with 2 queen beds on the 7th floor facing the front of the hotel) The room was ready right when we checked in. When we walked into the room, the housekeeper stared at us like something was wrong with us, as she didn't trust that we were staying at the hotel, until she saw us unlock the door with the key. (I didn't find that very welcoming) But the room overall was pretty clean and smelled fresh. The next morning, our "do not disturb" sign was up, and that same housekeeper, knocked extremely loud on our door, (it sounded like a hammer) and woke us up at around 7:00. I still don't understand why she did that, I found it extremely rude. Breakfast in the morning was average, but all we just wanted to do was leave and not have to deal with the staff any longer. Overall, I was extremely disappointed with our stay. I feel like every single person who worked at the hotel during this stay was new, which is cool, but they were all extremely unfriendly. Usually the staff are friendly, and at least are nice to you. I didn't get any of that during this stay. But I most likely will stay here again in the future to give this place another try. I'm hoping that the staff will be more professional and kind during our next stay!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank bmark65
KatrinLM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

I deeply apologize that we couldn't meet your expectations during your last stay with us and we will definitely make sure you won't have that same experience when your travel brings you back to Columbus! Normally housekeeping start their shift at 8am and they start cleaning rooms at 9am. I wonder if there was another guest who knocked on your door by mistake because at 7am I don't have any housekeepers at the hotel at all as we're not a full service hotel we don't schedule any housekeepers before 8am! I'm so glad you decided to give the hotel another chance and we're all looking forward to seeing you again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel close to Ohio State, Only a short walk to the stadium and tons of restaurants nearby. Great onsite parking, and tons of local bars and restaurants, I for sure would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2017

This property has a lot to offer. The staff is welcoming, helpful, and always friendly. Location, location, location! A traveler can find many close restaurants that are walkable and reasonably priced. If one would like to walk to campus, a very pleasant biking/running trail follows the adjacent Olentangy River and accomodates walkers with the other movers. All in all, this is a first class offering for a great multi-night visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple