“Comfortable and cheap” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Louisville, KY
“Comfortable and cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were in town for a concert at the LC Pavilion and really just needed a place to sleep. This Courtyard was a perfect choice! Being less than 6 miles from the venue, we were there in no time after the show. The hotel itself is a bit dated, but the rooms were immaculate. The bed might very well be the most comfy hotel bed we've ever slept on. We both commented this morning that it was the first time either of us could remember sleeping eight hours straight. Neither of us wanted to get up and get on the road, we were THAT comfortable. The rest of the amenities were what we've come to expect from Marriott. Nice indoor pool (although it was a little small and VERY humid) but I was sad to see that they didn't have a hot tub. The location is right across the street from a McDonald's and behind a Subway if you want to skip the high prices at the Bistro. Would definitely stay again when we're in the area!

Room Tip: Get a corner room whenever possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jbailey0525
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We're excited to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. It's great to know that you had a pleasant time, and we're glad to have been a part of your trip. I'm delighted you liked our property and that you were so comfortable in our beds that it was hard to leave. Please make plans to visit us again.

David Kingsley, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was only here for a quick overnight stay so I did not spend a lot of time on the property. Like most other Courtyards I have stayed at this place met my expectations for cleanliness and service. I loved the pool and the outside gardens that the pool overlooks.

Room Tip: I was surprised at how quiet the entire hotel was especially with the adjacent airport. I heard not...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Andy K,

Thank you for your kind review! We’re pleased to hear our clean comfortable room and friendly associates made for an enjoyable stay; I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. It was a pleasure to host you. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.

Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night ahead of an early flight. The hotel was conveniently located near the CMH airport.
There is a gas station right in front of it so it was very easy to fill up the rental car before I had to drop it off. Upon drop off, the shuttle was there within minutes to pick me up and take me back to the hotel.
I used the shuttle in the morning - it was very convenient. The driver was ready to go when I came down to the lobby at 5 am.
The rooms are very clean and styled with nice modern furnishings and décor. The bed was very comfortable.
I had dinner downstairs in the bistro and the food was very good.
Finally, I was able to print my boarding passes downstairs at a designated "boarding pass print station" while I waited for my dinner to be prepared.
Overall, great stay - highly recommended if you plan on using the airport. I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Jamie,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. Reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience, as well as talking points to commend our staff. I’m delighted to know you enjoyed our clean modern rooms, Bistro and shuttle service. I will be sure to share your kind comments. Thank for taking the time to review your experience and we hope to see you again.

New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

A wonderful experience. The room was comfortable, the location was perfect and the staff were excellent. The indoor pool and outdoor fire pit area made for a very relaxing setting after the days long drive. The bed was so comfortable that when our 5 am wake up call arrived, I didn't want to budge! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We booked and paid in advance giving us an excellent room at a great price
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Debi M,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our comfortable beds, outdoor fire pit and excellent staff. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Thank you taking the time to write.

Flint, mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you bid Priceline, you might get this one. I was very happy with this hotel. The shuttle van will take you to Easton (huge shopping mall), so you can save a lot of money staying at this location rather than at the pricey Easton hotels.

No free breakfast, but that is OK... a great Waffle House and an average McDonalds is a very close walk away. Check out the Turkey Hill store (a convenience store and gas station run by Kroger), just next door.

I drove to the old German Town area South of Columbus (highly recommended). The trip was only about a ten minute drive.

The "King Bed" room layout is a little odd with the bed not facing the TV. There is a loveseat/sofa for TV viewing.

Bonus Tip:

If you do decide to take the shuttle van to Easton... have the driver pick you up at the Easton Courtyard by Marriott lobby (a nice air-conditioned place to wait if it is hot or rainy). The front desk service professionals will let you know when your ride has arrived.

Room Tip: The elevator is very slow.
Green Features: Keep the workers employed... have fresh towels delivered daily. Save your own gas and use the shuttle van.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Courtyard Columbus Airport. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Absolutely no problems with this hotel. It has been renovated and the rooms are geared to the business person. Lots of outlets and fast Internet access.

The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The computer area is set up with printers which is rare. Well done. Plenty of free parking a close access to the highways in the area.

The Easton Town Center (gigantic mall) is in the area and the hotel shuttle will take you there free of charge. Lots of restaurants and shops. The hotel shuttle runs on demand and only takes a few minutes for pick up and drop off. It is also complimentary.

The only complaint I had was an extremely noisy air conditioner that I could not turn off. It woke me up in the middle of the night. Will definitely stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We are delighted to hear not only of the comfort you experienced at our hotel, but also that you were able to take advantage of the variety of offerings in our area. I'm glad to hear that our business center assisted you in accomplishing your goals during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Wapakoneta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

For once Priceline had the star rating correct . This location was a pleasant surprise, from the staff to the rooms . THIS LOCATION WAS GREAT. I was really happy with how well the staff accomidated any of our request

Room Tip: they gave us a room on the second floor away from the kids, it was great.
Green Features: I reall was happy to see they had a recycling program in place and also the were doing a enviormental friendly programs far as there laundry practices were concerned.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
It is wonderful to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our amenities such as location, but more importantly, our staff. I appreciate you taking the time to share. We look forward to seeing you again soon!