“Respite during snowstorm”

Ranked #58 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
new york
“Respite during snowstorm”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Originally I planned to stay for two days for a meeting, but the recent snowstorm forced flight changes. Fortunately, the front desk was able to accommodate me for the extra day, first with a delayed check-out, and then a call to say that I could extend overnight. Summer could not have been more helpful and understanding--thank you!

Tasty and wholesome breakfast and evening menus were available at the Courtyard Marriott, but for lunch we had to make arrangements to eat outside the hotel. The shuttle (with very friendly and professional driver) took us to Easton Mall where we had a terrific lunch at Brio Tuscan Grill www.brioitalian.com/‎.

The hotel was clean and comfortable, tastefully decorated, but not grand...perfectly fine for keeping costs down. There was a pool and small work-out area on the main floor, as well as the friendly-staffed dining area and a separate area with computers and seating around a fireplace to get work done if you didn't want to sit in the room. The rooms were quiet, very nicely decorated with warm colored wallpaper and lighting, and included soft, clean bedding and towels.

I would recommend this hotel for easy access to/from the airport, convenient shuttle and a pleasant restful stay. And very importantly, the people staffing this hotel are friendly, kind, competent and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
larymar,
Thank you for sharing your experience and recommendations of Courtyard Columbus Airport. We're pleased to have had you as our guest while on business, and we're glad our hotel, service, and amenities met your satisfaction. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team and will be certain to recognize Summer with a special commendations for her excellent service. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your great review.

Kay Sarver, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had the chance to stay at the Courtyard Marriott by the airport for two weeks this month. Overall, my hotel experience was amazing. The staff was polite and helpful, the hotel was clean, and I truly enjoyed my stay. I have stayed at other hotels in the Columbus area and nothing compares to this one. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Columbus. Great experience!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Osubuckeye2,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your amazing experience with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to know that our staff's excellence in service and hospitality made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you'll return for another visit again soon. Thank you again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel!

John Stevenson, Assistant General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great place close to the airport, summer was a great help to rebook another night for us when the hotel was full. They gave us free snack and drink from the mini bar at the front desk for our breakfast

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Danny L,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. I will be certain to recognize Summer with a special commendation for her outstanding service. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for your great review.

John Stevenson, Assistant General Manager
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

For starters I'm a Marriott Employee and every time I stay at this location I'm treated very rudely, Front Desk needs to get their attitude in check before coming to work. It's not just one particular person it's every young person working Front Desk, When I checked in The older gentlemen that was working was very friendly gave great customer service, the problem started when I wanted to stay over another day because of the snow, Jake or the person working am shift 1/25/14 gave me nothing but attitude and did nothing to accommodate me!! At my job we do anything we can to keep our guests we don't just turn guests away to go to other hotels, He shows bad representation of the Marriott Brand!!! Overall the rooms are clean Staff just needs an attitude adjustment!!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Rashawna Z,
We appreciate you writing and sincerely apologize that you did not receive the exceptional service that you deserve. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps with be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We value your business and hope to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you again.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is my second stay here and it is always a wonderful stay. The front desk always smiles and the rooms are always very clean and the whole hotel over all is very clean. This hotel is also located 5 minutes from the entrance to the Columbus airport. The food here in the bistro is also very good. I highly suggest this hotel to anyone staying in Columbus. They are the best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Robert N,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. We appreciate your continued patronage and recommendations of our great hotel to future travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I always love visiting this hotel and Can't wait to revisit, the beds are soooooooo AMAZING! The movies for on demand could be better but hey whose judging, it's just TV, I always got every request met, I even asked for a 12-Pack of Coca~Cola, they said they didn't have any at the hotel but they were willing to go to the store and get it for me! Now that's CUSTOMER SERVICE, in all my years of traveling 800 some odd hotels this tops most of some that I've been to 5/5 for customer service! AMAZING!

Room Tip: They don't have a spa here but their pool is Awesome!
Green Features: Very great on Environmental practices! I'm not really sure what it's about but im sure it's great, bright side is they are becomming eco friendly.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew S
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Matthew S,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you enjoyed another stay with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. It's great to know that you consistently enjoy your stay and find our comfortable accommodations and staff's excellence in service to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your continued patronage and great review. We look forward to your next visit.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I brought my 2 little girls on a weekend getaway to visit COSI. The staff was fantastic. Rooms were clean and well maintained. They offered complimentary shuttle to/from the Easton Town Center. Very nice property, good location, and excellent customer service!

Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Kara J,
We appreciate you choosing Courtyard Columbus Airport for your weekend getaway to visit COSI with your daughters, and we thank you for writing a reivew. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our clean accommodations, excellent service, and complimentary shuttle well suited for your travels. We hope you'll return again soon for more family fun. Thanks again.