“Great stay!”

Courtyard Columbus Airport
Ranked #53 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 9, 2007

Booked this room via Priceline at a great rate of just under $60 including taxes and fees. Stayed here one night before an early flight out of Columbus International Airport. All staff we encountered were friendly and professional. In fact, they went above and beyond my expectations. I forgot to pack my motion sickness medicine for the plane trip and asked the staff about convenience/drug stores nearby. They offered to have the assistant general manager go to get it for me and also called next door to the Marriott to check on their sundry shop. Motion sickness medicine found!

Room was great; clean and comfortable! Pool/hot tub area was very nice and well maintained. No complaints.

Took advantage of the park and fly option at the hotel. Parked for only $20 (covers up to a two week period for one rate) in addition to room fee. Great savings compared to airport and shuttle service made it easy to get to airport well in advance of my flight.

I would definitely recommend the Courtyard Marriott - Columbus International Airport and would stay here again given the opportunity.

Stayed: December 2007

Reviewed August 27, 2007

Our stay was during the Ohio State Fair (from which this hotel is 10 minutes by auto) so I shouldn't be surprised it was difficult to find a moderately-priced room. We paid $120/night for 2 queen beds & a room just big enough for 2 adults & 3 children.

The common facilities were reasonably good, including a modest-sized indoor pool, hot tub, & small weight room. Breakfast, included in that price, was a cut above your basic bagels & muffins, but not really on the level of a true buffet. Some healthy options were available: oatmeal, V8 juice, fruit, yogurt, etc. A fry cook could make you pancakes, omlettes, or fried eggs, if you are not in much of a hurry. We were erroneously billed for breakfast the first day, but this was corrected at check-out.

The condition of the room was on a par with hotels costing 1/3rd less, with noticeably stained upholstery, marred walls and a mediocre TV. In fairness though, where it really mattered, the bathroom & bedding, the condition was quite good.

High speed internet was included in that price. You get an ethernet connector and plenty of power outlets. Ping times were a zippy 40 ms on Sunday morning, but in the evenings it bogged down to 200 ms (more like dial up) speeds. That's about average for hotels that don't charge extra for high-speed internet. Your first webpage re-directs to a simple I-agree-not-to-abuse-it logon, then you can run pretty much whatever you want, within the limitations of an RFC1918 (10.0.0.0/8) NAT address, if you know what that means. They don't appear to be blocking ports (though I would assume SMTP is blocked). The last time I stayed at a Courtyard the logon webpage required a Microsoft browser, but this has been fixed; my Linux ran just fine and I doubt Mac users have anything to fear.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Had a reservation with a confirmation number, but when I got there they already had a letter printed with my name telling me they had no room. Desk clerk insisted she had to send me to another courtyard miles from the airport in downtown Columbus and fought with me for 30 minutes before finally dumping me in the Best Western across the street. This even though there are five other hotels, including a Marriott, within a block of her location. She was extremely rude about the whole situation, as if it was my fault they gave away my room. I told them when I called to make the reservation my flight got in at 11:30 so I would be checking in late, they still didn't honor the reservation. In the end she told me they only honor reservations at this hotel if you are a Marriott gold member. In twelve years of travel, this is the first bad Courtyard I have come across.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank traveler6900
Reviewed October 15, 2006

My husband & I stayed the first night back from our honeymoon at the Courtyard. We pricelined it while on our honeymoon, wanting to stay by ourselves, and not with my MIL, the first night back before making the eight hour drive to our new home (we got married and left for our honeymoon in my husband's hometown). Everything was perfect. We barely waited 10 minutes for the shuttle, and the shuttle driver was so nice! He gave us a really nice talk about marriage and was just very friendly. Once inside the hotel, we asked where we might get some ice cream (I couldn't really find any in the airports on our way home), and they offered to take us to the Steak n Shake in Easton for milkshakes with the shuttle (even though it was well after midnight, and the Easton shuttle was done for the evening). We decided we weren't up for the trip, so we got ice cream at the nearby McDonalds and hung out in our room. We did take a dip in the hot tub; it was really quiet, since it's primarily a business hotel and most everyone was probably in bed. Our bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was nice and clean. We'd definitely stay here again, between the nice rooms and great service!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank MrsKruse
Reviewed June 6, 2006

I was in town for a one-day conference, along with a few of my friends. We booked the room last minute because it met our criteria: two beds, non-smoking, and free parking. I was very pleased with it for several reasons:

-The room was very nice. My friends both were imporessed with how nice it was. (Being recent college grads, we're used to staying in some dumpy places, but this far exceeded our expectations.)
-The location is great. Our conference was on OSU's campus, by the med center. It was a 10-15 min drive. Not bad at all. ALSO, Easton, the big outdoor shopping complex, was very easy to get to, just another 10-15 min in the other direction. AND, my friends and I were all driving in from other parts of the state, so its close location to the highway was really nice.
-Finally, their computer facilities. Now, wireless internet in our room would have been nice.... but when we went to the lobby and used the wireless it was ok. And when we needed to print something, click print, get the access code, walk to the printer, type in the code, and theres your document. That was nice. I guess we're easily impressed.

We didn't try out the complimentary breakfast or the pool. The pool looked a little small. And yes, there are huge windows to look in, but there were some kind of curtain there to pull over the windows. (see previous review) My friend did use the workout room and had no complaints.

Overall, we'll stay there again when the three of us meet in Columbus again.

• Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2005

I visited this hotel with six of my friends for our annual shopping excursion. The outdoor mall in Columbus is fabulous! We were all 15-17 years old at the time. My parents, the annual chaperones of the trip, weren't really looking for a luxury hotel, but we did want one fairly close to shopping with a pool and hot tub that we could relax in. Well, relaxing wasn't the word I would use to describe this Courtyard. Now, this is a long story, but please bear with me.

My friends and I were sitting in the hot tub, while my parents were in their room. We were talking and laughing, you know, normal stuff. We aren't a loud and crazy bunch, and since it was nearly 9 o'clock, we were being mindful of the other guests who might be sleeping. As you can see in the pictures of the place, there are large, floor-to-ceiling windows in pool and hot tub area. These windows provide a view of the exercise room and the hot tub. There are also windows that provide a view of the outside, the courtyard area...

From my vantage point, I could see a security guard and what looked like a maitenance man walk past the windows. I didn't think anything of it, since they were probably patroling the grounds or something of that sort. Yet, why wouold the security guard need the maitenance man to be with him to patrol the grounds? Anyway, though...

A few minutes later, the good-time buddies walked by again. And again... and again... and again... I think you get my point. They would smile, laugh, point, and linger at the window. Now, I might have the wrong idea, but I don't think they were doing their jobs very well while leering and pointing at a bunch of teenage, UNDERAGE girls.

After they did this four or five times, my friends and I gathered our things and went back to our rooms. We told my parents about the incident, and the next morning my parents told the concierge about it. She asked us to describe the men, and unsurprisingly acted rather skeptical. She started naming off male employees, and was smiling like it was all just so funny, so we got the impression the she was probably well-acquainted , even friends with the men who did it, and therefore didn't plan on taking any sort of action.

This incident was unprofessional and classless. Since we only stayed one night, we didn't go any further in trying to get something done about the leering employees, but be warned if you're young and attractive and want to sit by a pool without employees in their late twenties staring and pointing at you. I cannot think of anything that would have been more tasteless and unprofessional than this. The mark of a good employee is one whose presence is hardly noticed. I've never even seen the security guards at the other hotels I've stayed at, be the hotel a 5* or 2*!

The hotel was clean and in a fairly good location, but these employees just left a bad taste in our mouths, and from the reaction of the concierge, they are still employed, checking out high school girls as oft as they wish. No apology was received.

• Stayed: October 2004