“ok for location but if you're willing to compromise……...”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton
Ranked #94 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was in Columbus on a work assignment for a week and decided to stay here. The front desk staff was great so off to a good start. Then, the true colors came about. My rate included daily housekeeping which was never done. I went to the front desk two out of the three days I stayed there and mentioned this to them and every time I got the same answer which it was going to be brought to the manager's attention. I guess the manager does not care! Customer service was well below grade. Among other "amenities" was the noise level. In terms of basic hospitality industry standards, well….it lacks cleaning on public areas vacuum carpets, the bathroom was not up to basic standards, dust everywhere, etc… If you have the choice, my personal recommendation is not to stay here. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and you will be able to open your curtains.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank j t

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

As a professional I have to travel extensively. In my line of work over the years I have encountered lots of staffing personnel in differnt establishments across the tristate OKI. Having said that, this particular location and it's staff Mallory, Nikki, Javon, Whitney, Jerry have been nothing more the extraordinary. I don't even feel like im in a hotel, feels more like I'm coming home. I have many options to choose from and I have time and time again chosen to drive 25 mins out of my way just to continue to lodge in your facility. Thank you so very much for the hospitality and the professionalism. I will definitely recommend this particular hotel to family and friends.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin N
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Whoever was directly above us crashed, thumped, jumped up and down, etc nonstop for hours till late at night; sounded like practicing martial arts or gymnastics. Finally I phoned the desk at 10 pm; the woman who answered was nice and said she would take care of it. She didn't. Nothing changed and we eventually went to sleep in spite of it. We got very little sleep. Avoid this place. It is not cheap. Stay someplace where the staff protects its guests from scumbags like this.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night and brought all of my food with me hoping to cook since there was a fridge, stove, etc. I was happy to have the fridge, stove, and microwave, but disappointed that the dishes were not clean at all, and there were few of them to choose from. I imagine they have to worry about stuff getting stolen, so that was probably why. Also, there was a blood (or something else?) stain on the wall in the bathroom, and a long, black hair in the bathtub that did not belong to me, so I would say they need to do a better job cleaning the room. There were cigarette burns in the comforter. The TV was very nice, and it was easy to control the temperature of the room. Breakfast was Grab and Go, but that is what they advertised, so I was not disappointed by this. Check-in process was quick and went very smoothly. I don't recall much noise though I did hear some. Overall this hotel was ok, but I would not be in a rush to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Daniela - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be making sure that our housekeeping staff is following our cleaning procedures and our inspection checklists are being followed moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked the flat screen television in your room, our grab-and-go breakfast and your speedy check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cea@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

No sleep. Terrible noises from upstairs all hours of the night. No sleep. Front desk seemed nice enough, but did nothing to fix the situation. No sleep. If anyone reads this and chooses to stay here just remember this..... NO SLEEP.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

First stay at an Extended Stay. Different than a regular hotel but it was just what I needed. Got there on Friday and left Monday, got just what I paid for, good value. The only drawback I found was that when people walked around upstairs it sounded like a heard of elephants. If you need a basic simple room, this works, can's see spending 2 or 3 times as much for a place to hang your hat.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room upstairs
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NYTriper
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My whole experience was great. The check-in process was quick and easy. The Front Desk Agent was very friendly and I enjoyed a small chat with her. She even gave me popcorn and asked if I needed any items such as toothpaste or toothbrush. My room was very clean and everything I used worked well - hot water and good water pressure, the AC worked well, the TV was fine. There was a full size refrigerator and nice kitchenette. I only used the refrigerator and microwave and they were both very clean and worked just fine. I didn't have any problems with noise and I slept really well. The check-out process was fast and I was greeted with another very pleasant Front Desk Agent. The area around the hotel is quite nice with plenty of shops and restaurants close by. The airport is also very close. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo